Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH - AVOID

Options
  • 27-09-2017 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

On September 9th my EIR 100mb ftth was installed. 

I have NEVER got 1000mb
    A lot of the time the service is slower than Virgin who i left to move to eir
    Their customer service is ABYSMAL at best, with under-qualified staff reading of a preset list of questions  off a computer.
    Open air (KN NETWORKS) will not come to my house to recheck the installation
    Tech support is W5 - a call center!
    Spent 2.5 hours on a mobile call to them yesterday, and they are having their 3rd and in my mind FINAL stab a fixing my problem.
    This company has IMO gone down the tubes. TBH wish I'd gone with SIRO - seriously EIR!!!

DO NOT ADVERTISE SERVICES IF YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF PROVIDING THEM.

RORY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 philroche

I have NEVER got 1000mb
    Their customer service is ABYSMAL at best, with under-qualified staff reading of a preset list of questions  off a computer.
    Spent 2.5 hours on a mobile call to them yesterday, and they are having their 3rd and in my mind FINAL stab a fixing my problem.
    This company has IMO gone down the tubes. TBH wish I'd gone with SIRO - seriously EIR!!!

RORY

I too have 1000Mbps ftth with Eir and I too have never got close to 1000 in speed test (870 was closest) but this is because Eir have no way of reliably testing that kind of throughput. They need dedicated contention free speed test servers to test those speeds like Google Fiber have in the states.

So the fact that you aren't seeing 1000Mbps speeds on speed tests doesn't necessarily mean your connection isn't capable of it, we just need a better way to test.

I do agree about customer service and under qualified staff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

philroche wrote: »

I have NEVER got 1000mb

RORY

I too have 1000Mbps ftth with Eir and I too have never got close to 1000 in speed test (870 was closest) but this is because Eir have no way of reliably testing that kind of throughput. They need dedicated contention free speed test servers to test those speeds like Google Fiber have in the states.

So the fact that you aren't seeing 1000Mbps speeds on speed tests doesn't necessarily mean your connection isn't capable of it, we just need a better way to test.

I do agree about customer service and under qualified staff though.
    Thanks for the response Phil,

I accept in part that they may not have a proper way of testing it, but my service is noticeably slower, and as you will see with the enclosed images, highly erratic.

I would be happy with a STABLE connection around 700 / 800 mb

Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I have NEVER got 1000mb

RORY
    Hi the_wabbitt, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm really sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with your service. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

so after yesterdays 90 minute on the phone to Eir, i was PROMISED 2 things.

1. I would get a replacement modem sent out. no modem has arrived yet, now you may say that I am being impatient, however, I ordered the service on a Friday afternoon, the modem arrived on a Saturday morning !!!!!

2. I would get an engineer visit to my home. Today I get a guy calling my voicemail in another effort to cop out of solving my problem saying the following. " Eh.... hi the is ******* from Eir tech support, calling in relation to your broadband problem. If this problem still exists please text UNRESOLVED along with your landline number to 50123" tried ringing back but OF COURSE I could not get through !!!!! Surprise surprise!!!!

I checked my fault log - pic enclosed - NO MENTION OF A HOUSE VISIT,

did a series of speed tests, all of them in Ireland and even one to the EIR server, pics enclosed. Someone please see these and tell me I'm being unreasonable. Remember In am paying for 1000mb!!!!

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

so after yesterdays 90 minute on the phone to Eir, i was PROMISED 2 things.

1. I would get a replacement modem sent out. no modem has arrived yet, now you may say that I am being impatient, however, I ordered the service on a Friday afternoon, the modem arrived on a Saturday morning !!!!!

2. I would get an engineer visit to my home. Today I get a guy calling my voicemail in another effort to cop out of solving my problem saying the following. " Eh.... hi the is ******* from Eir tech support, calling in relation to your broadband problem. If this problem still exists please text UNRESOLVED along with your landline number to 50123" tried ringing back but OF COURSE I could not get through !!!!! Surprise surprise!!!!

I checked my fault log - pic enclosed - NO MENTION OF A HOUSE VISIT,

did a series of speed tests, all of them in Ireland and even one to the EIR server, pics enclosed. Someone please see these and tell me I'm being unreasonable. Remember In am paying for 1000mb!!!!

R
    Hi there the_wabbitt

So sorry to hear you're still experiencing difficulties.  Unfortunately Tracey is not available today so if you don't mind just sending me a PM with those details and I can see what I can do for you from here.

-Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement