Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musical Movie Stars - Actors who've released (decent) music

Options
  • 27-09-2017 8:39am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, so I've heard the 2nd song below a few times lately on the radio, and I'm always pleasantly surprised to hear that it is Patrick Swayze the actor (RIP). I've always been familiar with the song, just never remembering who actually sang it.
    It got me thinking about successful/established actors who have released music with some degree of success. (not the other way around, musicians who've acted, as it seems they've all done it now)

I'll get the ball rolling with a favourite of mine, Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
    Released in 1985 by which time Murphy had already starred in Trading Places, 48Hrs & Beverly Hills Cop

Then of course we have Patrick Swayze, who sang the song She's Like The Wind, which featured on the soundtrack for Dirty Dancing (which he also starred), and although he had acted previously, Dirty Dancing was his breakout role (So you could say he wasn't established yet at that point, but meh, he went on to great acting success)

2 very good, but very different songs.

What about you? Do you know of any more worthy of a list such as this?

Comments

Advertisement