Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Population Explosion! Government plan possible 1 million more Irish within 20 years!

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

With the lamentable response of the govt to the current housing crisis, I find it hard to envisage the ability to deliver an unprecedented housing programme to meet the housing need of 1 million extra residents unless there is a radical change in political will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Population implosion will not be a problem once Automation starts wiping out more and more jobs. As it is going to do. No matter what people think.

We will not need a bunch of toilet cleaners (replaced by self cleaning toilets), street sweepers (replaced by automated cleaning machines) and taxi drivers (replaced by autonomous vehicles) from the Third World. Retail is also going to automate significantly.

Besides, as the Germans are finding out, most of these new Germans have not got the skills necessary to add positively to the economy. And even if they do, they will only have subsistence living and will require additional benefits to survive. And let's not forget that family reunion will add even more unskilled, elderly mouths to feed.

Population and workforce replacement by unskilled people from the Third World is the most bat**** crazy idea being thrown around by politicians.
    And by some posters here.

And it will not solve a pension problem.

This is true. People think they are untouchable sitting in their processes with no upskilling for years as strategic management attentions are turning towards the latest tech and their main question always is How many FTE's can we save with this change. The world will be a very dfferent place in 20 years and I would advise people to be constantly upskilling or they could get caught out. Like will corporations really pass on the additional savings to customers, not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

topper75 wrote: »
    The people part is easy. :D

You would simply take them from developing countries in Africa.

Africa is set to DOUBLE its numbers between now and 2050 by UN projections. African resources of course will NOT double, and people will want to move and get out. Clearly, this process is actually well underway and it is not pretty.

The housing capacity, however, makes the plan a complete non-runner. Their sums are embarrassingly bad.

Are you honestly that naive you think immigration from countries with average IQs of 60 - 80 are going to replace ethnic Irish workers? Africans have a 40% employment rate in this country, how can they possibly match the level of skill and innovation Irish people produce when we can't even get half of them to work?

I can't believe someone would be so clueless to suggest that as a solution. Europe should be building offshore processing centers to keep Africans out and encourage native European women to have more babies. Immigration from Africa will be the death of Europe, as we fall behind Australia, New Zealand and any other country that has the common sense to only allow the best and brightest to enter your country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I would say a half million increase is a good thing, there is too much people in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

511 wrote: »
    Are you honestly that naive you think immigration from countries with average IQs of 60 - 80 are going to replace ethnic Irish workers? Africans have a 40% employment rate in this country, how can they possibly match the level of skill and innovation Irish people produce when we can't even get half of them to work?

I can't believe someone would be so clueless to suggest that as a solution. Europe should be building offshore processing centers to keep Africans out and encourage native European women to have more babies. Immigration from Africa will be the death of Europe, as we fall behind Australia, New Zealand and any other country that has the common sense to only allow the best and brightest to enter your country.

A tough post, but there are good points in there - not sure about the IQ stuff tho ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ooops you fell. :o

I worked in Macdonalds from age 17-20 to get me through college. Bar 1 English person and 2 from Ukraine it was 50 person Employed and I let you have guess where they were from.;)

I see loads of companies not hiring Irish(including my last employer) be it Students and Employed as its cheaper to look elsewhere.

and with that bunch of BS you wrote time to let ye too it.:)

What years may I ask? My personal experience around 2002-2008 far more foreign accents working in fast food restaurants in dublin than there were Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

VinLieger wrote: »
    Back during the boom what accents did you hear from the staff in mcdonalds? Irish people regardless of how long they were unemployed considered themselves above a lowly fast food job so the foreigners came in and did that work for us

I'm calling BS on this and tbh im a bit sick of that narrative. There was full employment that why "foreigners" came in and did certain types of work but i know plenty of people who did fast food, bar, cleaning etc.. type of work that where Irish born in the what you call "boom" times.

Bit sick of people running our nation and it's people down. Give a man/woman a decent wage and 99% of people will work. You will always get a small percentage of scroungers who no matter what won't do an honest days work but hey let's use that small percentage to bash others :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

What years may I ask? My personal experience around 2002-2008 far more foreign accents working in fast food restaurants in dublin than there were Irish.

I think times have changed a lot in that regard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

511 wrote: »

I have concerns myself about our island being swamped. But I'm not going the racist route.

The word racist is overused but your take on in this post most definitely fits the definition. IQ is not determined by melanin in the skin or lack thereof. There are endless amounts of white stupid workshy scum on this island alone.

Besides I didn't write about replacement. I was talking about additional people living here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Aristotle145

This will never work in Ireland or any other country,its just not possible to handle this amount of people.
    Look at Sweden,who took in 163000 refugees,and how the situation is there.
    Its never going to work in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

This will never work in Ireland or any other country,its just not possible to handle this amount of people.
    Look at Sweden,who took in 163000 refugees,and how the situation is there.
    Its never going to work in Ireland.

If Zappone and Co. have their way we will have no choice.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    If Zappone and Co. have their way we will have no choice.

You mean the EU elite that does human trafficking in Europe,because Hungary and Poland dont want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

It's worth remembering ae well that most of these immigrants traditionally have a lot of children. A typical Irish/European familly will have around 2 children. A Muslim/African family will have 4+ children. So the proportion of people from these backgrounds will increase more with each generations.
    I lived in an area of the UK for most of my life with a very high population Muslims and other nationalities. The other nationalities like Indian and Jamaican integrate well. Muslims not so. Start waving the racist card all you like, it is true. I went to school with Muslims, worked with Muslims, and a lot of Muslims lived around me area. Integration is none existent. This has nothing to do with government policies as is usually blamed. It is down to the people. The majority of Muslims have zero interest in integration, rather we should integrate with them. Some immigration is good, but from the right places. It is important to hold on to our values and way of life.

It is important to hold on to our values and way of life.

Well that is some of the problem why sweden or any other country in Europe have become what they have become.
    When the goverments put their own people ranked as 2,and refugees as no 1,someone is going to react.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2801/syrian-man-with-3-wives-and-20-kids-to-get-214-000-in-child-benefits.html

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3950/syrian-man-with-three-wives-got-three-homes-elderly-swede-referred-to-the-street.html

Wonder how this will be in Ireland in the future.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The CSO has also put its hand up and said they're more people in country then expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Germans are getting wiser after the mess they caused - official German government's campaign aims to convey a realistic picture of Germany:

https://rumoursaboutgermany.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

It wont exist by then and will definitely have been raided well before 2040.

Take the state pension scheme, people wrongly assume its an investment, in reality the money you pay into it today funds the pension check for some 80 year old tomorrow.

Currently we are on about a 6:1 ratio of workers to retirees.

By 2040 this will be down to about 3:1, the current pension systems simply cannot sustain that drop in people working vs retiress and continue paying pensions at the current levels.

Its the ticking time bomb no party wants to touch as the grey vote will take to their walkers the second pensions are mentioned.
    The obvious answer is to extend retirement age in order to maintain that ratio. Ramping up automation to increase productivity is also considered as part of the solution.

Early retirement will be extremely rare in 2040

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

zom wrote: »
    Germans are getting wiser after the mess they caused - official German government's campaign aims to convey a realistic picture of Germany:

https://rumoursaboutgermany.info/

I find it very hard to believe that it’s a genuine Federal Govt site. Looks more like someone from Stormfront designed and created it.

But in any case Europe does have an immigration crisis - it just can’t handle and absorb the numbers coming here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I find it very hard to believe that it’s a genuine Ferderal Govt site. Looks more like someone from Stormfront designed and created it.

But in any case Europe does have an immigration crisis - it just can’t handle and absorb the numbers coming here.

the domain was registered to the german ministry of foreign affairs so probably legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

arctictree wrote: »
    People keep talking about the pension time bomb. In reality successive governments keep increasing the OAP.

The OAP will not be the problem. The ever increasing PS pensions will.

Advertisement