Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding an Payee

Options
  • 27-09-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

When I add a Payee to my account, the text never comes through. I normally have to do it 2 or 3 times after waiting a day or 2 for no message to arrive. 

Can ye get your stuff together here. I'm not in a place where I can be waiting around for your slow system to catch up. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Reati wrote: »
    When I add a Payee to my account, the text never comes through. I normally have to do it 2 or 3 times after waiting a day or 2 for no message to arrive. 

Can ye get your stuff together here. I'm not in a place where I can be waiting around for your slow system to catch up. 
    And seriously, where is there no resend code option. Get with the times?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I'm having the same issue. The message normally comes through almost instantly, put I've tired adding a payee twice today and I didn't receive any message through. Very annoying! Am I supposed to keep waiting? 

I'm having the same issue. The message normally comes through almost instantly, put I've tired adding a payee twice today and I didn't receive any message through. Very annoying! Am I supposed to keep waiting? 
    I've just waited in the past and it's never came in. I've a supplier waiting and I can't get to the bank so it's really annoying. I'm moving bank. Between the lack of support for Android pay, the crappy mobile app and now this, I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Just moved last week after 15 years with boi - it's incredible how behind the times they are with everything. AIB was a breath of fresh air to switch to. The place is kitted out with ipads and it took less than 10 mins to move everything over. Android Pay, rewards, sweet mobile app and facilities here I come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi Reati,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards and very sorry that you feel this way.

I've checked here and the text message systems are operating normally and any message's would be sent as soon as we receive any request for them.
    Can I ask if you have checked that the number we have registered for you to receive these message's is correct? (you can do this through the "Amend mobile phone number for security codes" section within the "Manage accounts" tab on your 365 home page)
    If this number is correct I'd then ask you to check with your phone network provider if there is any delay in relation to receiving text messages of this kind.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Advertisement

Hi Reati,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards and very sorry that you feel this way.

I've checked here and the text message systems are operating normally and any message's would be sent as soon as we receive any request for them.
    Can I ask if you have checked that the number we have registered for you to receive these message's is correct? (you can do this through the "Amend mobile phone number for security codes" section within the "Manage accounts" tab on your 365 home page)
    If this number is correct I'd then ask you to check with your phone network provider if there is any delay in relation to receiving text messages of this kind.

Darren.
    The number is correct - I've had it for years. No other text messages are slow to come in and to be honest, this is a common issue with BOI. 

Even the fact there is no re-send option is ridiculous,

Hi Reati,

Darren.
    The number is correct - I've had it for years. No other text messages are slow to come in and to be honest, this is a common issue with BOI. 

Even better - went to delete and active the payee again to force the SMS and it now has a description, which i didn't add "<name snipped> Overpaymen"?

So there is data leakage from some other account into mine? Is my data leaking too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Had a problem this morning too adding a payee, text didn't come through till a couple of hours later.

Hi Reati,

Darren.

Even better - went to delete and active the payee again to force the SMS and it now has a description, which i didn't add "Filip Hizak Overpaymen"?

So there is data leakage from some other account into mine? Is my data leaking too?

Thanks for getting back to us here.

You can get a code re-sent to you by going in as if you're activating the payee and enter in an incorrect number 3 times and a new SMS will then be sent to you and there would be no need to enter all the payee details in again.
    In relation to the description on the payee this would have to be entered in when the payee is being set up and I can insure you that both your 365 online profile and your account information are both secure and private.

Thanks again for the message.
    Darren.

1. That's a terrible user experience. Do something wrong to force a reset? Who'd ever think of that....:rolleyes:

2. There isn't a chance in hell I entered that information I don't know anyone with that name and (as I worked on commerce systems backends for years) I'm deeply concerned by the nonchalant reply of it's user error. Something in your backend added that info to my account and that is account leakage for someones account. I don't for a second believe your system is as secure as you believe it to be. No system is.

I now have the name of a person who has needs to pay an overpayment off something and banks with BOI. That's more than enough information for a scammer to put a ploy together and target that person.

This report should be taken seriously. 

• Advertisement

1. That's a terrible user experience. Do something wrong to force a reset? Who'd ever think of that....:rolleyes:

2. There isn't a chance in hell I entered that information I don't know anyone with that name and (as I worked on commerce systems backends for years) I'm deeply concerned by the nonchalant reply of it's user error. Something in your backend added that info to my account and that is account leakage for someones account. I don't for a second believe your system is as secure as you believe it to be. No system is.

I now have the name of a person who has needs to pay an overpayment off something and banks with BOI. That's more than enough information for a scammer to put a ploy together and target that person.

This report should be taken seriously. 

Thanks again for getting back to us.

If you feel that your account has been compromised in anyway I'd ask you to call us directly on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you're abroad) as soon as you can and the advisers there will be able to look into your account and payee details for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

I'm also having this issue today, having never had it before.

Any update on getting this fixed Darren? Texts are not being sent.

IrishZeus wrote: »

Hi IrishZeus,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

I've checked there and I can confirm that all our text sending services are operating normally. Can I ask did you receive a text saying you can receive these messages or have you changed your phone or network recently?

Darren.

Hi IrishZeus,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

I've checked there and I can confirm that all our text sending services are operating normally. Can I ask did you receive a text saying you can receive these messages or have you changed your phone or network recently?

Darren.
    Hi Darren,

No change of phone or network. Have used this phone foe years and have always received the text almost instantly. My phone is working perfectly from all other aspects, including receiving texts from other people and providers.

There must be an issue on the BOI side. How do I get this resolved so I can add payees online again?

Thanks,

IZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi IrishZeus,

Can you please let me know are you getting a text from us saying there is an issue with your number? If not, can you please access the payee details and select Activate. You then need to key in 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 and do this three times in total, this will generate another code to your phone.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi IrishZeus,

Can you please let me know are you getting a text from us saying there is an issue with your number? If not, can you please access the payee details and select Activate. You then need to key in 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 and do this three times in total, this will generate another code to your phone.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

No, no text about an issue with my number. Interestingly, I added the payee from my mobile app and received the text almost instantly. When I went back to my laptop to add a second payee - I didn't get an activation text.

This would suggest my phone is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

IZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi IrishZeus,

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

No, no text about an issue with my number. Interestingly, I added the payee from my mobile app and received the text almost instantly. When I went back to my laptop to add a second payee - I didn't get an activation text.

This would suggest my phone is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

IZ
    Thanks for your reply IrishZeus, we'd be unable to confirm why this may have happened here on Boards. 

However we'd advise you to send a message when you're logged into 365 Online through the Ask a Question option on the Service Desk. This way, an advisor can look into this further for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement