Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled eir. Last bill & Equipment collection

• 27-09-2017 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Cancelled eir broadband, TV and phone. Last day of service was 10 September.
    We received a full bill for October. Contacted eir and asked to issue correct bill on 15 September. No response so far. 
    We also haven't received anything about the collection of the equipment. 
    Someone might want to look into this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

We received a full bill for October. Contacted eir and asked to issue correct bill on 15 September. No response so far. 
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've cancelled your services with us. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've cancelled your services with us. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam
    Hi Adam,
    PM sent.
    Thanks

Hi there,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,
    PM sent.
    Thanks
    Thanks, I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Thanks. Your response gave us a good chuckle. I'm going to reply now.

As I received no reply to my second PM today and I'm beyond fed up with all of this, let's make the madness and the incompetency of this company a bit transparent.
    We cancelled our eir contract for 13 September 2017. We have a confirmation over this.
    A few days afterwards we received a bill that has two issues: 
    it's for October and it's way too high. Looks like our actual bundle price wasn't applied and eir billed us in advance for a period after our cancellation.

This is what I've been told by eir via PM:
    Thanks for your PM. I've checked your account for you and they were unable to cancel your services because you don't have a direct debit set up on your account. If you give us a ring on 1901 you will be able to add your direct debit details then we'll be able to cancel these services for you. Once this has been done, we can remove your direct debit details.

Ap[ologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

Why on earth would be have direct debit setup for services we've cancelled? Of course so eir has easy access to our funds. This not going to happen. On several occasions, eir has tried to take hundreds of euros out of our bank account, for wrong bills. There is no way, we're giving eir access to our money.

Broadband, TV and Phone from eir are cancelled. That's a fact. We have confirmation. We will accept nothing else. Make sure this is recognised in your system and that we will not be bothered again by eir with this. 
    We will not pay for one day more than 13 September.
    Please issue final bill, correct the amount to our bundle price and end date of 13 September. 
    Arrange collection of the eir equipment.

We will do nothing else to entertain the constant screw-ups by eir. If we hear one more nonsense from eir we will file a complaint with comreg and seek legal advise. It's enough. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

As I received no reply to my second PM today and I'm beyond fed up with all of this, let's make the madness and the incompetency of this company a bit transparent.
    We cancelled our eir contract for 13 September 2017. We have a confirmation over this.
    it's for October and it's way too high. Looks like our actual bundle price wasn't applied and eir billed us in advance for a period after our cancellation.

Thanks for your PM. I've checked your account for you and they were unable to cancel your services because you don't have a direct debit set up on your account. If you give us a ring on 1901 you will be able to add your direct debit details then we'll be able to cancel these services for you. Once this has been done, we can remove your direct debit details.

- Adam

Why on earth would be have direct debit setup for services we've cancelled? Of course so eir has easy access to our funds. This not going to happen. On several occasions, eir has tried to take hundreds of euros out of our bank account, for wrong bills. There is no way, we're giving eir access to our money.

Broadband, TV and Phone from eir are cancelled. That's a fact. We have confirmation. We will accept nothing else. Make sure this is recognised in your system and that we will not be bothered again by eir with this. 
    Please issue final bill, correct the amount to our bundle price and end date of 13 September. 

We will do nothing else to entertain the constant screw-ups by eir. If we hear one more nonsense from eir we will file a complaint with comreg and seek legal advise. It's enough. 
    Hi there

Completely understand where you're coming from.  Unfortunately, Adam isn't available  but you're more than welcome to PM me all your details and will follow up on this for you there

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

- Adam

Hi there

Completely understand where you're coming from.  Unfortunately, Adam isn't available  but you're more than welcome to PM me all your details and will follow up on this for you there

-Kyle
    Thanks for the reply. PM sent. 

eir: Kyle wrote: »

- Adam

Hi there

-Kyle
    Thanks for the reply. PM sent. 
    That's great.  Thank you so much.  Will have a look at this for you now

-Kyle

Thanks for the reply, Kyle.
    I replied to your message, but unfortunately didn't hear back today. In case one of your colleagues has to take over, here's your reply to my initial message and my response.
    Hi there.

Thank you so much for all the information. Really appreciate your quick response. I'm just looking through the notes here and can see that they advised you that all the services will be cancelled but coudn't cancel the mobile as this contact ends on the 14/02/2018 so if everything was cancelled, cancellation fees will apply.

I can see that your last 5 bills were all €102 and as specified on your bill that is the eir bundle you had but I do see rental period for 03 Sep 17 to 02 Oct 17. 

I have confirmed with the team directly now that this should've indeed been cancelled which they will do immediately now and can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once this is done, you just need to call 1901 > option 4 and then option 2 to dispute the charges on your account which they will assist you with. (I've left notes on your account to confirm)

Once this is all done, you will receive a letter which will also tell you exactly what to do to return the equipment but you're more than welcome to just ask them about this to confirm.

Hope this helps

-Kyle

And here's my response, so someone can take over, if Kyle isn't around tomorrow. 

Hello Kyle,

Thanks for looking into this.

Only Broadband, TV and Home Phone was cancelled. Mobile is to continue until 14/02/2018.

We cancelled broadband, tv and home phone for 13 September 2017. Not one day later. We have written confirmation over this. So please make sure that is date is also noted by eir. Our broadband, tv and home phone service was to end on 13 September 2017. Not a day later and we will not accept anything else.

Please make sure, that mobile hasn't been cancelled. This is not what we requested. This issue only concerns broadband, tv and home phone. Could you please confirm that mobile wasn't cancelled? The agreement we have with eir is that this will continue on 30 EUR per month.

We are extremely cautious when dealing with eir over the phone. The reason for this is, that eir has tried to scam us (there is no other word to describe this) several times. Contracts were made up, deadlines were changed, prices were raised and we were told that we're lying or people did hang up on us. It's an absolute nightmare.

So once again, 

1. Please confirm successful cancellation of broadband, tv and home phone services for 13 September 2017.
    2. Please confirm that mobile will not be cancelled. Contract to end on 14/02/2018. We will cancel this 30 days before contract end. Monthly cost: 30 EUR
    3. Please confirm that equipment will be collected.
    4. Please confirm that final bill be issued.]
    5. No penalties for late payment or contract cancellation due to this error by eir.

Outside of the mobile contract, our business with eir concluded on 13 September 2017. We will not move away from this. We cancelled correctly and have confirmation. We're just following up on all this, because we want eir out of our lives and a clean cut exit.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Kyle.
    I replied to your message, but unfortunately didn't hear back today. In case one of your colleagues has to take over, here's your reply to my initial message and my response.  
    Hi there.

Thank you so much for all the information. Really appreciate your quick response. I'm just looking through the notes here and can see that they advised you that all the services will be cancelled but coudn't cancel the mobile as this contact ends on the 14/02/2018 so if everything was cancelled, cancellation fees will apply.

I can see that your last 5 bills were all €102 and as specified on your bill that is the eir bundle you had but I do see rental period for 03 Sep 17 to 02 Oct 17. 

I have confirmed with the team directly now that this should've indeed been cancelled which they will do immediately now and can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once this is done, you just need to call 1901 > option 4 and then option 2 to dispute the charges on your account which they will assist you with. (I've left notes on your account to confirm)

Once this is all done, you will receive a letter which will also tell you exactly what to do to return the equipment but you're more than welcome to just ask them about this to confirm.

Hope this helps

-Kyle

And here's my response, so someone can take over, if Kyle isn't around tomorrow. 

Hello Kyle,

Thanks for looking into this.

Only Broadband, TV and Home Phone was cancelled. Mobile is to continue until 14/02/2018.

We cancelled broadband, tv and home phone for 13 September 2017. Not one day later. We have written confirmation over this. So please make sure that is date is also noted by eir. Our broadband, tv and home phone service was to end on 13 September 2017. Not a day later and we will not accept anything else.

Please make sure, that mobile hasn't been cancelled. This is not what we requested. This issue only concerns broadband, tv and home phone. Could you please confirm that mobile wasn't cancelled? The agreement we have with eir is that this will continue on 30 EUR per month.

We are extremely cautious when dealing with eir over the phone. The reason for this is, that eir has tried to scam us (there is no other word to describe this) several times. Contracts were made up, deadlines were changed, prices were raised and we were told that we're lying or people did hang up on us. It's an absolute nightmare.

So once again, 

1. Please confirm successful cancellation of broadband, tv and home phone services for 13 September 2017.
    2. Please confirm that mobile will not be cancelled. Contract to end on 14/02/2018. We will cancel this 30 days before contract end. Monthly cost: 30 EUR
    3. Please confirm that equipment will be collected.
    4. Please confirm that final bill be issued.]
    5. No penalties for late payment or contract cancellation due to this error by eir.

Outside of the mobile contract, our business with eir concluded on 13 September 2017. We will not move away from this. We cancelled correctly and have confirmation. We're just following up on all this, because we want eir out of our lives and a clean cut exit.

Thanks
    Hi there 175010012017

I've responded to your PM

-Kyle

• Advertisement

I'm out of ideas how to solve this without getting outside legal help.
    eir confirmed that our broadband, home phone and TV service has ceased on 13 September as per our cancellation.
    Mobile to continue until 14/02/2018 for €30/month.
    We still received a full bill into October, like nothing changed.
    Called twice to challenge bill and got confirmation that it's wrong. Were told that a new, last bill for home phone, TV and broadband would be issued. 
    Instead we received another, NEW bill for November. 
    On top of that, a very rude and uninterested collector called us to remind us to pay our October bill. 

Apparently there's nothing we can do. Talking to eir on the phone is a complete waste of time. It's hours wasted to talk to these people. 
    Staff here on the boards seems to have a grip on the situation, leaving notes on the accounts, but this all goes to nothing when we have to call.

So what does it take for eir to issue us a last bill after services ceases on 13 September, issue a new bill for that time and start to bill us only for mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I'm out of ideas how to solve this without getting outside legal help.
    eir confirmed that our broadband, home phone and TV service has ceased on 13 September as per our cancellation.
    Mobile to continue until 14/02/2018 for €30/month.
    We still received a full bill into October, like nothing changed.
    Called twice to challenge bill and got confirmation that it's wrong. Were told that a new, last bill for home phone, TV and broadband would be issued. 
    Instead we received another, NEW bill for November. 
    On top of that, a very rude and uninterested collector called us to remind us to pay our October bill. 

Apparently there's nothing we can do. Talking to eir on the phone is a complete waste of time. It's hours wasted to talk to these people. 
    Staff here on the boards seems to have a grip on the situation, leaving notes on the accounts, but this all goes to nothing when we have to call.

So what does it take for eir to issue us a last bill after services ceases on 13 September, issue a new bill for that time and start to bill us only for mobile?
    Hi 175010012017, 

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. 

I understand your frustration with this however in order for us to proceed with the cancellation order, we need to process a downgrade order to mobile only. This order requires direct debit details to arrange it and I'm afraid there is no way around this. 

Once we have your direct debit details for the mobile side of the order we can proceed with the cancellation of the rest of the services and issue credits on the account also. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Tracey, patience is wearing very thin now. 

First of all, that is not at all what Kyle, Adam and anyone we talked over the phone said, making eir asking for direct debit even more dubious than it was before. What do you need our direct debit details for now? Is it cancellation and then removing the details straight away, as Adam said? Or is it now for the mobile, as you say? Which one is it exactly?

Do you understand that these inconsistencies in what our direct debit is needed for, the fact that eir falsely tried to take several hundred euros out of our account via direct debit and that there are two wrong bills over €102 each (which is not an amount that was ever correct, our bundle was €92) makes us not believe one thing eir is telling us?

There's no way we're giving eir access to direct debit with two outstanding wrong bills over €204. You can forget it. 

First, get the bills sorted out and then we can talk, but nothing else will happen until then. I'm not giving you my direct debit with two wrong bills out there. 

eir sort this out, not us. We've went above and beyond with eir, calling time and time again, dealing with the incompetence and the ignorance... we're done. Feel free to call me after 6PM, but I'm not calling again. 

eir is so bad, it's a joke. 

PS: If you want to sort this out here over the boards via PM, get in touch. This way it's all written down and traceable, but I'm not doing anything verbally with eir over the phone.
    There's an obvious disconnect between what it's discussed here and when we talk to the people on the phone. 

What happened to your customers in this article feels all too familiar: http://www.thejournal.ie/eircom-fined-overcharge-customers-3637603-Oct2017/

There's no way we're providing our direct debit details before you've sorted out our bills. 

Unless we're specifically billed, our business with eir is done.

You fix the mess you made to our contract and account. We're not doing anything anymore. 

We have confirmation that our bundle is cancelled. Now issue last bill for broadband, tv and home phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Jesus, what a sham of a company. An absolute disgrace. I hope you get sorted, sooner rather than later.

PS: If you want to sort this out here over the boards via PM, get in touch. This way it's all written down and traceable, but I'm not doing anything verbally with eir over the phone.
    There's an obvious disconnect between what it's discussed here and when we talk to the people on the phone. 
    olor]

I understand your frustration with this.

I'm afraid I am unable to arrange callbacks from here, we only deal through this channel.

I have waived the last 2 bills from your account so there is no money owed now. This will appear on the next bill issued.

The direct debit is required for the downgrade to mobile order however it will be removed straight away, it's just a requirement for the order.

Once you have PM'd these to me I can arrange for this downgrade to go through.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks Adam. 
    So if I PM you the direct debit details, I wont be charged and the details will be removed. Fine.

It is understood by eir that broadband, TV and home phone service ended on 13 September as per cancellation?

eir also understands that my mobile contract will end on 14/02/2018 and charges are €30 per month?

Please confirm and I will send you direct debit details, so we get this over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Get on to comreg there should be no need to give a company direct debit details to close an account.

Thanks Adam. 
    So if I PM you the direct debit details, I wont be charged and the details will be removed. Fine.

It is understood by eir that broadband, TV and home phone service ended on 13 September as per cancellation?

eir also understands that my mobile contract will end on 14/02/2018 and charges are €30 per month?

Please confirm and I will send you direct debit details, so we get this over with.
    That's correct. 

We understand the cancellation is from the 13/09, I have waived the billing on this from this date, however, the services will not be physically cancelled until the downgrade has been processed. 

The mobile contract ends the 14/02/18 and will be €30 per month. 

Thanks

Adam

• Advertisement

Thanks Adam. 
    PM sent. 

Thanks Adam. 
    PM sent. 
    Perfect, thanks.

I'll come back to you soon through PM's. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

What happened to your customers in this article feels all too familiar: http://www.thejournal.ie/eircom-fined-overcharge-customers-3637603-Oct2017/

There's no way we're providing our direct debit details before you've sorted out our bills. 

You fix the mess you made to our contract and account. We're not doing anything anymore. 

We have confirmation that our bundle is cancelled. Now issue last bill for broadband, tv and home phone.
    I'm gone from eir since last October,yet I still receive an e bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I'm gone from eir since last October,yet I still receive an e bill
    Hi corks finest, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Adam. 
    PM sent. 
    Perfect, thanks.

Thanks 

Adam 
    Any updates on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thanks Adam. 
    PM sent. 
    Perfect, thanks.

Thanks 

Adam 
    Any updates on this?
    Why do you still think this can end well?

Thanks Adam. 
    PM sent. 
    Perfect, thanks.

Thanks 

Adam 
    Any updates on this?
    I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

Adam, thanks again for your help. Today we received written cancellation confirmation and a reminder to return the equipment.

I suppose the reminder to return the equipment was standard? We already returned the equipment on 30/09/2017 as we were instructed over phone with eir. Could you please check if the successful return of the equipment has been noted by eir?

Thanks again.

Adam, thanks again for your help. Today we received written cancellation confirmation and a reminder to return the equipment.

I suppose the reminder to return the equipment was standard? We already returned the equipment on 30/09/2017 as we were instructed over phone with eir. Could you please check if the successful return of the equipment has been noted by eir?

Thanks again.
    Hi,

I have noted it on your account that the equipment has been returned to us. This would have been a generic letter that gets sent to all of our customers who cancel services with us. 

When you get your next bill, if there are any equipment charges on it, feel free to get in touch with me here and I will remove them for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sabrina29

I also cancelled my broadband and landline back on 11th of September 2018. It is now the 11th of February and I'm still being charged for it. I've made numerous calls but no one will help me. I've gotten to the point where I've taken it to a solicitors as I've been robbed of over €300 for something that I cancelled. Not happy at all with the support of Eir 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Cancel the direct debit at the bank end. You can do this. Do this now. 

Also, ask the bank to do a charge back / reverse the last few direct debits. Not sure how far back they can go. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Sabrina29 wrote: »
    I also cancelled my broadband and landline back on 11th of September 2018. It is now the 11th of February and I'm still being charged for it. I've made numerous calls but no one will help me. I've gotten to the point where I've taken it to a solicitors as I've been robbed of over €300 for something that I cancelled. Not happy at all with the support of Eir 
    Hi Sabrina29, 

Sorry to hear you were incorrectly charged. 

Could you PM the following details? 
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

As soon as I get this information I can look into this. 
    Could you also advise how you cancelled your account?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement