Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 PvP

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I mean you're getting into what-ifs here, I ain't seeing people tear teams apart with swords. Thumbs, toes or stumps.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

If I wanted concrete facts I wouldn't be hanging around boards so much, its all about the craic!

I just think swords are way to usable especially in the right hands, most of the users are complete numpties, who just think they can run at you, most of the time you can take them down. The ones that hide around corners are no different from their shotgun brothers but the smart ones, the ****ers that can block, slide and dodge, they're are different kettle of fish.

I'm also leaning towards the Wardcliff getting 2 rockets, it's an exotic and should come with some reason to be used over a regular RL, at the minute people use clusterbombs and get 2 rockets, why pick Wardcliff at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sounds like the usual "low skill thing can 1-hit me" salt argument from D1
    The games never going to be an eSport.
    Let us have our Jedi fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Sounds like the usual "low skill thing can 1-hit me" salt argument from D1
    The games never going to be an eSport.
    Let us have our Jedi fun :P

Well yes and no, I've said it plenty of times now, balance. Swords get too much ammo, what's your biggest kill streak in D2 with a sword? Yanno, for science.

Oh here, worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't know, but it was maybe 6 kills You waste a lot of ammo trying to lock on sometimes since the animation pulls you around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm also leaning towards the Wardcliff getting 2 rockets, it's an exotic and should come with some reason to be used over a regular RL, at the minute people use clusterbombs and get 2 rockets, why pick Wardcliff at all.

I fully support this movement,
    I use it

Heavies mean nothing to me since they took away the Truth.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd nerf pulse nades and not touch the rest of your list, just buff other stuff to reach their level. Games too slow as is.

not my list, I'd leave those things as is was my badly made point

Had a really good session with the voidwalker last night. First game terrible. Then topped the leaderboard in a romp, got a mercy where two of us didn't die and won a 3v4 Clash match. FWC assault rifle is amazing, you really miss the HCR from Uriels but felt the "glass 1/2 full" perk or whatever it's called now was very strong.
    My favourite loadout has no exotic

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Iron Banner back tonight.

Gonna try to finish off my Titan armor. Then move to Hunter I guess.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd on tonight to get some groups running. I do love an excuse for some PVP.

THough I got to say... I think i like supremacy in this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Iron Banner back tonight.

Gonna try to finish off my Titan armor. Then move to Hunter I guess.

Hopefully there will be a good crowd on tonight to get some groups running. I do love an excuse for some PVP.

THough I got to say... I think i like supremacy in this game!

Have they introduced a level advantage yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think they plan on ever having level advantages in D2 PvP.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Have they introduced a level advantage yet?

Pffft. Lol. No.

Don't think it would make any difference anyway though. Who, who could be bothered, hasn't got to 295 yet? if it was similar to IB in D1 then anything above 295 would be basically the same.

I think it is a little silly to not have it there, just for the slight differentiation but I really don't see it as a big problem with the mode.

The big problems with the mode are (1)progression based and (2)D2 pvp problems based. I'd be far happier if it was 6s, and I reckon the population (from clan/boards) would be better too - I think the loss of PVP 6s had a big impact on people playing for funsies.

Pffft. Lol. No.

Don't think it would make any difference anyway though. Who, who could be bothered, hasn't got to 295 yet? if it was similar to IB in D1 then anything above 295 would be basically the same.

I think it is a little silly to not have it there, just for the slight differentiation but I really don't see it as a big problem with the mode.

The big problems with the mode are (1)progression based and (2)D2 pvp problems based. I'd be far happier if it was 6s, and I reckon the population (from clan/boards) would be better too - I think the loss of PVP 6s had a big impact on people playing for funsies.

to be honest I never really understood people who mainly played Destiny for PvP it was grand and all but there was always much better PvP games available.

I might jump on to give a hand later that being said, have little to no interest in destiny at the moment though, just playing a bit to help people out the odd time, the IB gear set is nice though.

IB was handy for levelling up if you weren't Raid orientated in Destiny 1. That's really how I got to max level. It also had pretty sweet gear. The Clever Dragon another gun ruined by the whiners.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    to be honest I never really understood people who mainly played Destiny for PvP it was grand and all but there was always much better PvP games available.

I might jump on to give a hand later that being said, have little to no interest in destiny at the moment though, just playing a bit to help people out the odd time, the IB gear set is nice though.

For me Destiny PVP just hit the right spot.

1. I could play co-op with people. I didn't have people to play other FPS titles with, and I would just get instantly turned off by getting killed within a second of spawning in every time in CoD etc. Transitioning from PVE Raids etc to PVP with the same groups made it a lot easier to get in to, less competitive, less soul destroying.

2. Higher TTK - not as much of a reaction shooter as other titles I got destroyed in, I could get shot and still get out of an engagement which I wasn't able to do in other games.

3. Messenger and Thorn (alternately) made me feel like I was actually competent at the game.

There may, probably were, better shooters out there but Destiny is the first one that I felt comfortable playing PvP in with others, without being an absolute anchor to the team. I've not found another FPS title that I feel I contribute to the team in, so I stick with destiny.

For me Destiny PVP just hit the right spot.

1. I could play co-op with people. I didn't have people to play other FPS titles with, and I would just get instantly turned off by getting killed within a second of spawning in every time in CoD etc. Transitioning from PVE Raids etc to PVP with the same groups made it a lot easier to get in to, less competitive, less soul destroying.

2. Higher TTK - not as much of a reaction shooter as other titles I got destroyed in, I could get shot and still get out of an engagement which I wasn't able to do in other games.

3. Messenger and Thorn (alternately) made me feel like I was actually competent at the game.

There may, probably were, better shooters out there but Destiny is the first one that I felt comfortable playing PvP in with others, without being an absolute anchor to the team. I've not found another FPS title that I feel I contribute to the team in, so I stick with destiny.

Fair points! I was always and probably always will be a mostly PvP FPS gamer, destiny 1 was one of the only games I really enjoyed playing PvE in, mainly due to the people I was playing it with I think.

But from what you've said I can see why it works for some people, especially the quick transition from PvE to PvP.

Had a bit of fun in PVP last night. A few good games, a few bad ones - a few good ol' unkillable laggy gits!

Scoring seemed a bit odd at times (not saying it was wrong). A couple of games that felt VERY tough, ended with 50 to 25 or so victories.

Trying to get used to using a Hunter on void - want to make use of the invis after dodge to give myself a little bit of an edge in engagements, but not there yet - my Super usage was particularly poor, will need to work on that arrow shot.

And I still hate Vostok as a map. TOO MANY ANGLES! I CAN'T COPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Crimson Days... Holy ability rates Batman!! Me likey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm finding I'm sucking less in D2 PVP; it's actually a pleasurable experience and my long term kA/d ratio is > 1, so I must be doing something right. Not sure if it's the fact that I don't rush around like a headless chicken any more, or perhaps the 4v4 suits me better or a combination of the two. Perhaps I'll take a trip over to D1 to see if it's me or the the change of game that has lead to my (small, but noticeable) improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So.. **** skip grenades in Crimson Days.
    Went up against a pair of hunters with whatever the exotic for the arc class is and it was just raining skip grenades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Ah loves meh Shinobu's Vow :)
    Not quite as bad when PVP was Mayhem clash and it was raining Nova Bombs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Those Nova bombs were easily avoided and countered, plus there was more than two of you to fight them back :)

I didn't see the other team half the time, just poxy skip grenades racing after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Those Nova bombs were easily avoided and countered, plus there was more than two of you to fight them back :)

I didn't see the other team half the time, just poxy skip grenades racing after me.

Yup, Retribution is a nightmare of a map to fight in if the opposing team are both rocking skips especially if they get control of the centre room. If they get the centre room the heavy spawns there and all approaches are so narrow you cant get near them without ending up in a cascade of skip nodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Yup, Retribution is a nightmare of a map to fight in if the opposing team are both rocking skips especially if they get control of the centre room. If they get the centre room the heavy spawns there and all approaches are so narrow you cant get near them without ending up in a cascade of skip nodes.

Double striker titans - Double puse 'nades ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

2 wins in the last 14 games. This run sucks.

Also, why can't team mates understand you should collect the blue crests as well as the red ones!!!

Advertisement