Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Optilase declined me !

• 27-09-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Should I investigate other clinics or am I consigned to a life with these infernal glasses ?

All advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What were their reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 durtypierre

TheChizler wrote: »
    What were their reasons?

An assortment of reasons. On balance there wasn't much they could offer me from their repetoire so I need a real eyespert, I mean expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Without knowing the reasons it's impossible to have an opinion. However I'd be happier with somewhere that gvies greater weight to clinical reasons than commercial pressure and declines my custom rather than taking my money for a procedre which was contra-indicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 durtypierre

An assortment of reasons. On balance there wasn't much they could offer me from their repetoire so I need a real eyespert, I mean expert.

Turns out the main reason was fear of infection ( I was lucky enough to get a kidney transplant six months ago ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Turns out the main reason was fear of infection ( I was lucky enough to get a kidney transplant six months ago ).
    It sounds as if they did give expert medical advice. You can always look for a second opinion somewhere else but I suspect it won't be any different. The immunosupression needed post transplant would increase the risk from surgery. Even the risk from contact lens wear might be a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement