Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo - gear shifting

Options
  • 27-09-2017 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

New to Campagnolo and have a quick question, grateful for any info.

When shifting between the two front rings I'm not yet 100% certain each time which is to shift into higher ring and which is to go into the lower. Just a question of getting used to it. Anyway, I've occasionally tried to shift "up" when already in the big ring and the bike happily obliges and spits the chain out over the ring and onto the pedal..... Is this normal or is some adjustment required? Seems a bit dangerous. Hopefully won't be an issue once I get used to the shifters.....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

You need to adjust the upper limit screw on the front mech if this is happening. Put it into the small ring, turn the upper limit screw quarter of a turn clockwise and shift back to big repeat until you can no longer drop the chain. If you find you can't get into the big ring at all any more, or are getting a lot of chain rub, turn anti-clockwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

New to Campagnolo and have a quick question, grateful for any info.

When shifting between the two front rings I'm not yet 100% certain each time which is to shift into higher ring and which is to go into the lower. Just a question of getting used to it. Anyway, I've occasionally tried to shift "up" when already in the big ring and the bike happily obliges and spits the chain out over the ring and onto the pedal..... Is this normal or is some adjustment required? Seems a bit dangerous. Hopefully won't be an issue once I get used to the shifters.....

You can have the same issue with any front derailleur if not set up properly.

There is an outer limit adjustment screw on the front derailleur, which when correctly set will limit how far you can move the front derailleur beyond the chainrings, and prevent the chain from over shifting beyond the outer chainring. It works the same as any other front derailleur.

Take a look on YouTube how to adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Great, thanks to both.

Advertisement