Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Buyer yes or no

Options
  • 27-09-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi years ago I went guarantor for my sister house, my name was never on the deeds but on the mortgage. The house was sold in the intervening times with no mortgage left on it, do I still qualify as a FTB for the help to buy scheme bank says I am not. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

blueballfc wrote: »
    Hi years ago I went guarantor for my sister house, my name was never on the deeds but on the mortgage. The house was sold in the intervening times with no mortgage left on it, do I still qualify as a FTB for the help to buy scheme bank says I am not. Thanks

I would say yes , talk to a different bank and when they ask you have you bought a house before don't qualify the statement just say "NO"

Advertisement