Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Application Temporary Contract

Options
  • 27-09-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I was wondering if I could please get some advice regarding a mortgage for myself and my husband while I'm on a temporary contract. I am employed in the public sector for 5 years, I was permanent but took a promotional temporary post after maternity leave, I also took a career break for 2 months to care for my Dad through cancer treatment, just back to work on a 6 month temp contract and I'm on a panel for a permanent job (employer will provide letter to support this).

Husband earns 27k basic with 5k overtime (5 years with this employer) and I earn 35k, we have 1 dependant and we're movers - after current mortgage is paid off we will have 105k equity, 20k savings and my Mum has offered a gift of 20k so we are only looking for a mortgage of 110k over 35 years as we are under 30 years of age. This is less than our current mortgage of 130k.

Can anyone advise have we any chance or which banks should we approach? KBC said no straight away on the phone which has me worried. Our current house is sale agreed and for family reasons we have to move.

Really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Advertisement