Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on my old bike.

Options
  • 27-09-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I'm looking for some advice on what to do with my old bike. I was taken off it back in the late '90's and it's been in my shed ever since. It was a good spec racing bike back then with a Raleigh 531 Pro frame (25 inch) and forks and lots of Dura Ace gear. The damage caused when I hit the car door and sailed over it consisted of bent forks and the front Mavic rim is knackered.
    Is there much of a market for older parts out there? I would like to pass it on to somebody who would get some use out of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Clean it up a bit and stick it up for sale, the Dura Ace parts should be easy enough to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭happytramp

I sold a pair of 90's Dura ace wheels recently.. people seem to be fairly interested in the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

Generally if you break it down and sell components and frame separately you'll get more than selling as a whole bike (especially if damaged), it might take a bit longer to shift all parts though

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

Thanks for your help guys.
    Ideally I would like to shift it all in one go to save the hassle. I know I would probably be taking a hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Like said above, if you were to strip the Dura Ace parts of it , clean and shine them up and make sure they all move/work freely, then sell them on ebay.co.uk (bigger market in the UK) then you'd probably get more than if you were to sell the whole bike in one lot. Sell the frame then and bin the fork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement