Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4s wont swipe cant restore

Options
  • 27-09-2017 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Hi

Quick question, old iPhone working except the swipe has stopped working. Replaced screen and same issue. Recommended to do a restore to factory, but every time I hook it to iTunes (iTunes not running, hold home button, iTunes opens) it connects and ask me to acknowledge from the phone which i cant do. Is there any way of resetting from the start/home button or any way of forcing it into a total reset without the swipe function ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You could erase all content and settings within Settings (General; Reset).... but you can't even get past the lock screen?

There is a *hard* reset by holding down the home and sleep buttons until the phones turns off and the Apple logo appears. This is different to the regular reboot from the sleep button only, though not a full factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks tried the hard reset but still no swipe - suspect the phone is bu**ered but i don't really want to put it into a shop so wanted to try everything I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

What bout trying to restore in recovery mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

RubyGlee wrote: »
    What bout trying to restore in recovery mode?

That's my problem when I hold down the home button and connect to the laptop it pops up that I need to acknowledge on the phone and that's not a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

You need to hold down the power and home button until you see the iTunes on the phone screen but tbh I can’t see the restore fixing the problen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gtob123

You should hold the home button and the power button at the same time for bout 15 secs tat wil restart your phone and it should fix the prob, same technique fixes most probs wit apple products..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gtob123 wrote: »
    You should hold the home button and the power button at the same time for bout 15 secs tat wil restart your phone and it should fix the prob, same technique fixes most probs wit apple products..

Suggested twice already, first time was in post no 2......

Advertisement