Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me decided because I'm confused...

• 27-09-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hello all I started making a month ago with a endure t18 I got in Hale, but now I want to move to some thing a better.

I was having a look online and seen the amok g priv 220 MOD and was thinking of getting a amok tfv8 cloud beast clearmisor.

Are these worth the money? Is there better gear out there? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Hello all I started making a month ago with a endure t18 I got in Hale, but now I want to move to some thing a better.

I was having a look online and seen the amok g priv 220 MOD and was thinking of getting a amok tfv8 cloud beast clearmisor.

Are these worth the money? Is there better gear out there? thanks.

I think that tank you are looking at may be too hard hitting for you.

The T18 is a "mouth to lung" vape. As in you vape it like a ciggy. Take a drag, inhale, exhale.
    The Cloud beast tank is for "direct lung" vaping. As in you inhale directly to the lung in one sucking motion.

I'm a mouth to lung vaper and have tried pretty much every mtl tank. If you want to go direct lung then I am sure others here can give better advice.

The mod you are looking at is ok and would give you much longer battery life, but not my cup of tea personally.

I would recommend an Istick Pico mod, with a samsung 30q 3000mah battery.

Mod: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/7667803-authentic-eleaf-istick-pico-25-85w-vw-tc-apv-box

Battery: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002357/2363400-authentic-samsung-inr18650-30q-3-6v-3000mah

For the tank I recommend pretty much any tank that takes atlantis style coils. The reason is you will have a massive choice of different coils and tanks to suit everybody and anybody.

Tank: https://www.fasttech.com/p/8303704

Coils:https://www.fasttech.com/p/5487600

The reason I suggest those coils is that they are harder hitting than what you currently use, but not, blow your head off hard. :D

Istick Pico's are amazing btw. Have to be the best bang for your buck on the market imo.

If you do buy an istick pico, you could get 2 batteries and add this mod to use with the extra battery.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/7286403

Only €15ish and Tiny. With both, you can be charging one while using the other. I just ordered 4 as they are so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That's too much of a leap, the T18 uses 1.5ohm coils and the endura kit maxes at 14 watts, which is fine ... but going straight to a tank that demands much higher power and for you to switch to direct lung inhaling is going to be a bit of a shock to the system. Why not try a simpler kit, like the Aspire Zelos kit. That has the Nautilus 2 tank with a 1.8 coil, very similar to what you're using now, but also comes with a 0.7ohm coil that is a good bridge between mouth to lung tanks and sub ohm direct lung tanks.

http://ecirette.ie/shop/starter-kits/aspire-zelos-50watt-kit/

I think that tank you are looking at may be too hard hitting for you.

The T18 is a "mouth to lung" vape. As in you vape it like a ciggy. Take a drag, inhale, exhale.
    The Cloud beast tank is for "direct lung" vaping. As in you inhale directly to the lung in one sucking motion.

I'm a mouth to lung vaper and have tried pretty much every mtl tank. If you want to go direct lung then I am sure others here can give better advice.

The mod you are looking at is ok and would give you much longer battery life, but not my cup of tea personally.

I would recommend an Istick Pico mod, with a samsung 30q 3000mah battery.

Mod: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/7667803-authentic-eleaf-istick-pico-25-85w-vw-tc-apv-box

Battery: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002357/2363400-authentic-samsung-inr18650-30q-3-6v-3000mah

For the tank I recommend pretty much any tank that takes atlantis style coils. The reason is you will have a massive choice of different coils and tanks to suit everybody and anybody.

Tank: https://www.fasttech.com/p/8303704

Coils:https://www.fasttech.com/p/5487600

The reason I suggest those coils is that they are harder hitting than what you currently use, but not, blow your head off hard. :D

Istick Pico's are amazing btw. Have to be the best bang for your buck on the market imo.

This ^^

I was a bit slow submitting my reply :D I had to go double check on the kit I was going to recommend and got side-tracked

Nautilus 2 would be a good choice too. As Cagey said, I think the cloud beast is too much of a jump from what you currently use.
    There is some amazing mods and tanks out there. I wish I had the choice you do when I started.

• Advertisement

There is some amazing mods and tanks out there. I wish I had the choice you do when I started.

Tell me about it! I will never miss getting the drill out to put holes in cartomizers to try get some airflow going :D

Tell me about it! I will never miss getting the drill out to put holes in cartomizers to try get some airflow going :D

Haha, I hear that. I used to hammer a nail through the air holes to make it bigger. We have come a long way.

I'm not sure if I am allowed link it, but if you go to adverts.ie and type in "Istick Pico" there is a guy selling them with a tank and 2500mah battery for €40. Bargain imo.

If you order new from the site I linked above, expect delivery to take about 2 to 4 weeks as they ship from China.
    You can get them here in Ireland, but you will pay more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

I'm not sure if I am allowed link it, but if you go to adverts.ie and type in "Istick Pico" there is a guy selling them new with a tank and 2500mah battery for €40. Bargain imo.

Dudes thanks for the reply's you have been very helpful and fast. How dose istick charge tho? Is it a separate charging unit?

Dudes thanks for the reply's you have been very helpful and fast. How dose istick charge tho? Is it a separate charging unit?

Comes with a USB charging cable. You can charge by plugging directly in to the mod.

• Advertisement

Comes with a USB charging cable. You can charge by plugging directly in to the mod.

Sounds like the Pico is the right thing for me man thanks for the advice, I have a few more questions tho
    So I get that omhs is the measure if resistance in an electric circuit bit what is the difference in lower omhs coils over higher? Is it less resistance means more energy so more heat?

Sorry about my replied time was watching a review on the pico

Sounds like the Pico is the right thing for me man thanks for the advice, I have a few more questions tho
    So I get that omhs is the measure if resistance in an electric circuit bit what is the difference in lower omhs coils over higher? Is it less resistance means more energy so more heat?

Sorry about my replied time was watching a review on the pico

Simplest way to put it is anything above 0.5ohms is cool for mouth to lung, more so if above 1.0ohms.
    Anything below is usually direct lung coils.

Mouth to lung (mtl) coils tend to be smoother and less of that kick in the throat you get. They consume far less juice also and require less watts to vape, thus making your battery last longer.

Sub-ohming (direct lung) tends to have a big kick, huge vapor clouds and drink juice. A great advantage of sub-ohming is it hits hard so you can use juice with far less nicotine and get just as good a hit from stronger nics on a higher coil.

Example: I used 24mg nicotine juices when I started vaping using 1.8ohm coils. Now I use 6mg nicotine juice using a 0.5ohm coils.

Basically the higher you go, 1.0ohm, 1.2ohm 1.5ohm etc, the less kick it will have.

Simplest way to put it is anything above 0.5ohms is cool for mouth to lung, more so if above 1.0ohms.
    Anything below is usually direct lung coils.

Mouth to lung (mtl) coils tend to be smoother and less of that kick in the throat you get. They consume far less juice also and require less watts to vape, thus making your battery last longer.

Sub-ohming (direct lung) tends to have a big kick, huge vapor clouds and drink juice. A great advantage of sub-ohming is it hits hard so you can use juice with far less nicotine and get just as good a hit from stronger nics on a higher coil.

Example: I used 24mg nicotine juices when I started vaping using 1.8ohm coils. Now I use 6mg nicotine juice using a 0.5ohm coils.

Basically the higher you go, 1.0ohm, 1.2ohm 1.5ohm etc, the less kick it will have.

Sound for the info man you have been a great help

Glad I could help.

Advertisement