Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning search

Options
  • 27-09-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

How can I go about a planning search on a property myself?
    Specifically to check proposed zoning and to check whether any planning applications have recently been approved/refused on nearby or adjacent properties?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

s4uv3 wrote: »
    How can I go about a planning search on a property myself?
    Specifically to check proposed zoning and to check whether any planning applications have recently been approved/refused on nearby or adjacent properties?

Thanks for any advice.

Zoning - council development plan maps. You should be able to see them online. You then locate your site and see what color it is, then compare to the legend on the side of the map. In the written statement, you will then see a list of possible allowable uses on that land.

Applications - the council website will have a planning search page. Just type on the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

kceire wrote: »
    Zoning - council development plan maps. You should be able to see them online. You then locate your site and see what color it is, then compare to the legend on the side of the map. In the written statement, you will then see a list of possible allowable uses on that land.

Applications - the council website will have a planning search page. Just type on the address.

Fantastic, thanks very much for that.

Advertisement