Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alaska 2019

Options
  • 27-09-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Trying to sort out alaska for 2019 for me and friends

Where do I even start ? Is it better to go to a private lodge with accommodation or book my own

Ideally we would like salmon fishing and maybe a day for big halibut

Would have to be able to fish all methods not just fly

I would love to get a Coho on fly and try get a king

Anyone have first hand experience of alaska ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Boards probably not the best place to begin.

Try Sea-angling-ireland.org - I know a few lads there have gone out for flounder etc in alaska so Halibut off the boats and similar would be their expertise

Also try the https://www.salmonfishingforum.com/forums/general-board/ boards, they will sort you out with the salmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I know MAC from seaanglingireland has been out there. If you are a member you could PM him on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭delboythedub

You could contact either Bill or Garrett in Courtlough @ 018413096 and ask them to send you some brochures of the trips they organise , or better still drop over to see them in person and ask them for advise. As regards Alaska you will definitely only get the fishing quality that you pay for in the end and have a good look into this end of things. Derek

Advertisement