Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowfall - FX

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Season 4 was the best season so far. It's getting progressively darker. The show is still very much a diet version of the full sugar The Wire, but enjoyable nonetheless. Season 5 should be very interesting with
    Franklin now a complete sociopathic, tyrant who cannot escape his environment no matter how much money he has; his family trying to get away from him; the repercussions of Teddy murdering Alton

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Started this on Disney this week and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Just finished series 4 and thought it was brilliant, the walking stick has me thinking lol
    Keyzer soze moment

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hkjohn

With Snowfall S5 apparently set to start in Feb, amazed that Disney Plus is not yet offering S4. Looked all over the web, but can find no details of a screening date. Anyone know anything about this or suggest where I might be able to stream (tried to get on DVD but no dice).

Hope Disney Plus aren't planning on doing what Amazon Prime did with the splendid Animal Kingdom and just stop offering the show before its final season

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

BBC iPlayer maybe? If you’ve access to a VPN

• Advertisement

Season 5 out today. First two episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for a 6th Final Season

Still no season 4 on disney…

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Yeah I wonder what the hold-up is there. It finished airing on BBC ages ago and I missed it when it was on there. Can barely remember season 3 at this stage!

It’s annoying when streaming services scrap shows which are srtill running.

Amazon did it with the excellent Animal Kingdom. Even more annoyingly, it’s not possible to get the show on DVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I find I can come & go with Snowfall, I flew through 3 seasons I'd say on my second attempt at watching it after getting bored at some point during the season 2 the first time round. Haven't started watching any of season 4 yet and it does feel like a long time since I watched an episode at this point, can't quite put my finger on it. Its good like, but not must see TV I guess.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

just finished series 5 and i really enjoyed it

I think Franklin has always been the weak link. I just don't buy him, and he comes across like a Brit actor trying to play street, but Idris Elba and others did it a lot more convincingly. Teddy has a face only a mother could love too. Also I don't what's the point of Oso; he does and says nothing of note, but he's still there. If it wasn't for Jerome and his missus, along with some of the better supporting actors, I don't think I'd watch the show at all. It's a strange one :)

I think Franklin is a great character and the actor is solid in my opinion, he has some very tough choices in series 5

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭conor678

Just finished the latest season. Very enjoyable and liking the new twist it's taking. Will be very interested to see how the next season plays out.

Season 4 finally up on Disney. With this and Pistol coming up may well do another one month flying visit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Anywhere (legal) we can watch season 5?

quick google says it is on the hulu streaming service so use a vpn and away you go

Did the Beeb in the UK ever show Season 5 in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭robwen

Season 5 is starting tonight on BBC 3 at 10pm with a double bill

Cheers for the heads up, R

Doubly so asit didn’t get mentioned in any of the seven-day TV previews i read over the weekend

Anyone know if it's possible to record off BBC via a Sky Q Box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Not sure if there is a thread about Snowfall already, it is an unbelievably good series. Nicola Tallant mentioned it recently in one of her crime podcasts, it’s a drama series about the crack epidemic in LA in the 80s and the part played by the CIA in supplying cocaine to fund the rebels in Central America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thanks for bringing my attention to this, watched the pilot of season 1 and enjoying it. I always liked the film Kill the Messenger and I'm glad to see there's a series based on this period too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭conor678

Just finished the season finale. Absolutely terrific ending. Wraps everything up lovley. Power and greed corrupts people and how the game wears people down. Really satisfying last season

Agreed.

surprised this series isn ‘t better known

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Thought the final series was one of the best and what an ending.

Great show overall

Advertisement