Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak Restaurant

Options
  • 27-09-2017 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi Dublin,

Bogger from Limerick here looking for a nice Steak restaurant near the Airport, something like FX Buckley, without the €50 round trip to the city.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hogs & Heifers at Airside Retail Park just up the road from the airport is really nice http://hogsandheifers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Mastersons on Swords main street (not FXB quality - nor is Hogs and Heifers but also not sure you'll get that near the airport)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

thesteve wrote: »
    Mastersons on Swords main street (not FXB quality - nor is Hogs and Heifers but also not sure you'll get that near the airport)

I'd pick Masterson's out of those 2, I like their steak on a stone.

https://www.mastersonssteakhouse.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Inquitus wrote: »
    I'd pick Masterson's out of those 2, I like their steak on a stone.

https://www.mastersonssteakhouse.ie/

+1 Mastersons is always top notch , the wings are the best around. Steaks even more so .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Cant beat The Old SchoolHouse , especially on "Tasty Thursdays" .
    14Oz Ribeye for €15 .Mmmmmm:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Mastersons is gone on a downward spiral the last while. Not the great place it used to be. I'd take a bus in to town for FX Buckleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Best steak I have had in a while has been in the Harbour bar in Rush. Probably €20 in a taxi from around the airport. Iv Not eaten in Swords in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

LeoB wrote: »
    Best steak I have had in a while has been in the Harbour bar in Rush. Probably €20 in a taxi from around the airport. Iv Not eaten in Swords in a long time.

Gonna be a lot more than €20 euro, its €15 for me from the airport to Glen Ellan, Taxi Calc says €33.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

LeoB wrote: »

The harbour is very hit and miss , last time I had a steak there (3 months back) I had to send it back and get a different main course, cremated to within an inch of its life. To be fair though I have also had decent steaks from there in the past so may have just been a once off .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

Felexicon wrote: »
    Mastersons is gone on a downward spiral the last while. .

Have to agree, last time I was in it was really disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Bon Appetit in Malahide do €15 for steaks every sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

If you don't mind leaving Swords village, the Airport View Hotel does good steaks.

There's also a steakhouse at Kettle's, but I haven't managed to eat a steak there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Homer

If you don't mind leaving Swords village, the Airport View Hotel does good steaks.

The nicest steak I have had for a while was in Airport View recently.. 14oz it was too so not for the faint of heart.. there was an 8oz option for the ladies :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

Homer wrote: »
    The nicest steak I have had for a while was in Airport View recently.. 14oz it was too so not for the faint of heart.. there was an 8oz option for the ladies :P
    Before Dowler's went to the dogs and shut, they did a 20oz sirloin that was delicious.

Advertisement