Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does vendor have to sign house contracts in person?

Options
  • 27-09-2017 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

We finally signed contracts for house last Thursday (after 4 months of delays) and paid the rest of our 10% deposit. Our solicitor sent them to vendors solicitor the next day. I am wondering how long it typically takes for vendors solicitor to return signed documents? Also does the vendor have to sign these in the presence of their solicitor or can they be posted to them to sign? Or would it be normal for solicitor to sign on behalf of them? The reason I ask is that the vendor lives a couple of hours away and we had to wait for them to get time off work a couple of months ago when they had to come down to the house to resolve an issue. And I'm hoping we won't have to wait again for them to get down for signing. Hope I am making sense :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cawleyp2

The wait doesn't seem onerous but your solicitor works for you. You should feel free to call/email regularly for updates and ask them to prioritise. Some seem to work at a certain pace and that can be not aligned to their customers expectations. Keep the pressure on. Good luck.

Advertisement