Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the academy Dublin strict on ID

Options
  • 27-09-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm attending a concert in the academy next Saturday and its 16+, would they be really strict on ID as I'm only going 16 in December? need to know as soon as possible!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They are strict on 18+, since that is a legal issue. Not sure about 16 gigs, there is possibly an insurance issue, but its not like there is an issue with drink.

There have been previous threads about this which you might find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Yes. I was refused one week before my 18th birthday. And any gigs I've went to, they always ask for ID and have seen numerous people stopped from going in. Seems to be strictest place around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Yes. I was refused one week before my 18th birthday.
    still 18s though, different ball game. I'd be interested in 16s, I think there was a 16s snoop dogg gig there which might have comments here or elsewhere online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

rubadub wrote: »
    still 18s though, different ball game. I'd be interested in 16s, I think there was a 16s snoop dogg gig there which might have comments here or elsewhere online.

Careful now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement