Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The late late show in association with the democratic party of america 29/09

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skid X wrote: »
    CROOKED Hillary is such a witch, she should have let this woman on first instead of cruelly making her wait all - am I doing this right?

Now you're on the right track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Now you're on the right track

:D

I could with a few Roubles before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

He has stabilized relations with Russia, kept out of other countries affairs a lot more apart from the one that needed it - North Korea. He has rejected illegal immigrants and terrorism. Hillary is a war hawk practically promising thermonuclear war. He has acknowledged the pride of being an American and to some extent the plight of the every day white heterosexual instead of going on a rampage against them as Hillary would have.

Absolutely true. He would control and limit interference in other nations affairs and get the military home if allowed. Unfortunately that is out of his hands. The neocons wield much more power than he invigioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would it not be a pain in the swiss having your hair going over your left eye all the time? Could we crowd fund a haircut for her?

That Great Ormond Street Hospital gets Royalties from Peter Pan, which is nice

http://www.gosh.org/about-us/peter-pan/copyright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It's tough when it's kids that need this type of surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Paleo person.

Paleo means ancient, right?

That's what it means in latin or the original language it came from. But when you say it as "paleo" it usually means paleolithic times, back before all the modernity came along.

There are a lot of things to criticise this show for, but I dearly, dearly wish they'd keep something funny for the last interview.

Although I remember they did that with Dara O'Brian before and he got about three minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why do Rte want to leave the nation in a state of misery and depression on Friday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I dont know if Ryan likes these types of interviews but he is definitely more comfortable on them. He is an emotional vampire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I thought they could use pigs hearts or did I pick that up wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Lads that poor woman. Fair play to her for doing the interview.

They could have had this interview featuring someone on the couch who had a successful transplant.

You know, an upbeat feature that would have got the message across.

They just seem to go for the saddest angle on every feature every time

There are a lot of things to criticise this show for, but I dearly, dearly wish they'd keep something funny for the last interview.

Although I remember they did that with Dara O'Brian before and he got about three minutes.

It would be really hard to get a laugh out of the crowd after this.

M

I thought they could use pigs hearts or did I pick that up wrong

I think that's for heart valve components but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Very poor from Ryan there.
    You should know when Gavin died if you're interviewing his mother.

M

Joe Duffy: What colour was the machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan now trying to wrap the interview up quickly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

They could have asked me to go on tonight. I have a very similar story, also from last year that has gone much happier

I would have told them to feck off mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

RTE treat lives like blown headlights in cars, it's shocking but we will fill it as entertainment

• Advertisement
    M

CH3OH wrote: »

You would think that would have been fact 1 on the interview cards.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

CORK!!!!!!! :D

Normal service has been resumed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Cork!

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    It would be really hard to get a laugh out of the crowd after this.

No, i mean instead of this. Or have this instead of the hyper healthy brownie bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally CORK!!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Why do Rte want to leave the nation in a state of misery and depression on Friday night?

This is like liveline death and misery with plugging books but in L L
    It often it the presenters book.

CH3OH wrote: »

He did his monthly due with research for the clinton interview. Next is the toy show. After that a country and western show. I'd estimate he really works about 4 shows a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just unbelievable that they can conduct that interview at half eleven on a friday night. What is seriously wrong with RTE??

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭anto77

What a bizarre ending, from a harrowing tragic loss of a little boy straight into giving away holiday, cash! As distasteful as I' ve see, heads should roll in rte :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Great interview with Hillary. What an intelligent, personable woman.

No, i mean instead of this. Or have this instead of the hyper healthy brownie bit.

I imagine roz purcell has a much better agent than these women. Plus she has a book and Tubs can 'act the maggot' with her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I am just looking at the Hillary interview, I don't think they are even in the same room.

It looks like they are in front of a blue/green screen and has the feel of those film release "interviews", the questioner asks questions to fit the answers and they are rarely in the same shot, green screen would explain the weird seating setup.

EDIT: Tubs knew she was going to talk about Trumps UN speech and he jumped ahead with the selfie photograph comment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I think in my old age I am going to be a cranky cranky old man :D

Were you not born a cranky old man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Death"

* I'm a big Norm MacDonald fan

Legend.......he'd probably let his trusty sidekick Adam Eget read that one out.

"Professor Daniel Carey is director of the Moore Institute for Research in the Humanities and Social Studies at NUI Galway. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of RTÉ"......mmmmmm yes they do. Not only that it was a terrible article written in the standard victim narrative with no basis which we are all expected to agree without question. If that guy has a powerful voice in a University Humanties course then it really shows the slant which is dictated to students. I mean part of the job of a good education is to understand the balance of an argument. That article was blinkered nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't like how she was portrayed by the media. But I really don't like how she has nothing good to say about her opponent.
    She seems unaware of this almost.
    One thing about trump... His comic timing is impeccable... That was a prime example of a burn there... It's up there with conor mcgregor and the "rest my balls on your forehead.
    I'm not just basing this on one example. I happen to work for Ken frazier who withdrew from one of Trumps working groups because of Trump's comments after Charlottesville.... How did trump react? With a classic burn.. On twitter

Now obviously I'm tongue in cheek here... But his comic timing is brilliant. Here's his frazier tweet.

Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!

(childish but brilliant)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

His brother is good actor also hope to see him in more

His younger brother Aussie is some player boi :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

You would wonder if Ed Power has ever seen Tubridy before or ever listened to him at all.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-reviews/review-hillary-clintons-late-late-show-interview-it-wasnt-flawless-but-rte-made-the-right-decision-sending-tubs-36183755.html
    The Late Late Show host is an accomplished light entertainer – good at froth, in his element when clowning with z-listers. But even his most ardent fans – which presumably includes senior ranks at the state broadcaster – would admit that the very sharpest edge of politics and current affairs are slightly beyond his comfort zone. He’s a charmer – not an inquisitor.

Does Tubridy not refer to himself as a "serious american politics nerd" in that faux self deprecation that he goes on with? I certainly have a four letter word that I use to describe him anyway.

^

We missed you last night, Peter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

^

We missed you last night, Peter :(

Trump was on with Graham Norton.. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just watched the Graham Norton Show and I have to say it was utterly crap. I was looking for somewhere to make the point and I though here will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Thank god for Trump!

Can you imagine if Clinton won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Tubridy all over the place with Clinton. Overtalking. Interrupting her. Like an excitable puppy. It's about the guest. Interviewing 101.

Was Dara O''Brian on anything? What a motormouth. He never stopped. An intelligent person, yet not clever enough to realise he was talking too much (as usual) and not everything is as funny as he thinks it is.

Didn't catch another guest who I think had a sad story to tell. There are way too many of those and they all are too much. It becomes a misery fest. Sometimes he moves from a misery story to raffling a car or a holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

nagdefy wrote: »
    Imagine a parent calling a child Vogue.. Pre Madonna Vogue as she was born in 1985. But naturally the magazine and word were around!

I knew a lady called her son Beau and he turned out as ugly as fcuk.

"I might not be popular, but I'm in Vogue"....said the donor.

Advertisement