Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photgraph ideas

Options
  • 28-09-2017 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I'm entered in a photography competition. The theme is "circles". Simple, it doesn't have to be a top angle circle so e.g I have entered a shot of the round tower out at monasterboice. can enter 4 shots. Ive been driving around Drogheda since 7am this morning looking for inspiration. Would anyone here have any ideas of something unique but at the heart of it is a circle. Im willing to travel As far as Carlingford, Trim, Swords. Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

There is a megalithic stone circle near the entrance of Ravensdale Forest.

Ravensdale Forest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

sweet must shoot up for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

Proleek Dolmen out the back of the Ballymac Hotel? kinda circular.

any of the newgrange,knowth,dowth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There's a ring from a cup on the arm of my good leather sofa that I can't get rid of. Might make an artistic photo subject though.

muloc wrote: »
    Proleek Dolmen out the back of the Ballymac Hotel? kinda circular.

any of the newgrange,knowth,dowth

I reckon there's too many Google Images of them for it to have an impact
    There's a ring from a cup on the arm of my good leather sofa that I can't get rid of. Might make an artistic photo subject though.

Being honest Ive something similar and I'm working on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

The top of the sculpture opposite the Garda station in Drogheda is 3 circles, I think it's called Shafts of Light

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/localnotes/a-shaft-of-light-for-droghedas-riverbank-27115074.html

According to the article the circle is supposed to light up, I haven't noticed it lit, maybe the batteries have run out!

excellent, dya think theyd have issues if i was there really early with a step ladder. Im vertically challenged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Millmount? Or how about the Round O in Navan

Was up around Millmount this morning alright looking for an angle. the key is to basically take a shot that no one else has. where is that place in navan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Also the sundial in Blackrock at sunrise?

• Advertisement
Advertisement