Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Echos

Options
  • 28-09-2017 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Amazon announced some new echo devices;

A new Echo in 6 colours. smaller than the current echo but only £89

An Echo Plus - basically an echo with a smart hub built in including compatibility with Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Hive £139 Will be interesting to see what devices become compatible with this.

The Echo show at £199

Echo connect, lets you connect to your phone line and use alexa to make calls

An echo spot, us only atm, like an echo dot with a screen, looks interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Very interested in these. Can't wait to see what the home automation community do with them.

I wonder will they be on sale for Black Friday?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amazon announced some new echo devices;

A new Echo in 6 colours. smaller than the current echo but only £89

An Echo Plus - basically an echo with a smart hub built in including compatibility with Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Hive £139 Will be interesting to see what devices become compatible with this.

The Echo show at £199

Echo connect, lets you connect to your phone line and use alexa to make calls

An echo spot, us only atm, like an echo dot with a screen, looks interesting.

If you buy 3 of the new Echos in one go you get £50 off.

Myself and two friends are going to do a group buy for ourselves and save a few £££.

I really want the Spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

The spot looks like the one to get alright.

It will be interesting to see if google has anything to compete with these at their reveal next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

The spot looks like the one to get alright.

It will be interesting to see if google has anything to compete with these at their reveal next week.

Yep, that's the most of interest for me, had planned to get a dot for the bedroom.
    Will of course need the obligatory tape over the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I have a show; its pretty great but the announcement of Youtube being removed (and subsequently finding it so when i got home!) is a big hit against it I think. Its grand; the additional subscription to amazon music is a pain though, so i have specify spotify every time for a song, and it doesnt autoplay more either...

We've a dot in the bedroom. Only thing it does is alarm, maybe an odd joke here and there.

So based on that i dont know if id be too bothered with the spot not coming here straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Has there been any sign of them planning to launch the app and any sort of official support for Ireland?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Google is rumoured to have a bunch of devices on the way, so far I've seen rumoured:

- Google Home Mini - Competitor to the Excho Dot
    - Google Home Max - Bigger, better sound quality version of GHome
    - A USB plugin for Nividia Shield TV which adds Zigbee and Z-Wave radio support along with Smartthings compatibility to the shield TV.

No rumours of a spot/show competitor, but it would be obvious to do those too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bk wrote: »
    Google is rumoured to have a bunch of devices on the way, so far I've seen rumoured:

- A USB plugin for Nividia Shield TV which adds Zigbee and Z-Wave radio support along with Smartthings compatibility to the shield TV.

When is the Google conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

bk wrote: »

Is that the same thing as the samsung plugin for nvidia that is coming in the next 2 months ?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

I've seen a rumour of a show competitor so they just need a spot and we're sorted

• Advertisement
Advertisement