Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP not providing forms for life insurance

• 28-09-2017 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

We signed up for life insurance during the summer but have still not started our policy, as we are waiting on our GP.

The insurance company sent them the standard forms to complete regarding our medical history over 5 weeks ago. I've been calling the GP surgery every few days since, but the forms are still not completed.

It's getting very frustrating. Is there anyone I can escalate this to? I checked the medical council website but it doesn't really fall under the scope of their complaints system.

I'm fairly sure the GP is paid already to complete these forms by the insurance company.
    If anything was to happen to us, our kids wouldn't be entitled to what we have arranged, how can the GP not see the importance of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They are called PMA reports and the docs do get paid to complete them. Call your GP (not the secretary), tell them how long you've been waiting, and ask why.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

They are called PMA reports and the docs do get paid to complete them. Call your GP (not the secretary), tell them how long you've been waiting, and ask why.

Thanks, impossible trying to actually speak directly with GP though!

Advertisement