Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sim unlock Code Available.

Options
  • 28-09-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I was a Meteor/Eir phone customer until this morning when I ported my Number. 
    I've been trying to get my sim unlock code from Meteor for 2 weeks now. 
    I did get a mail from the tech support saying that my phone was already unlocked, but it's still looking for the sim unlock code. Anyone on phone and webchat can't help or cut me off. 
    Can you investigate please?
    Thanks

"phoneless"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

ocj wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I was a Meteor/Eir phone customer until this morning when I ported my Number. 
    I've been trying to get my sim unlock code from Meteor for 2 weeks now. 
    I did get a mail from the tech support saying that my phone was already unlocked, but it's still looking for the sim unlock code. Anyone on phone and webchat can't help or cut me off. 
    Can you investigate please?
    Thanks

"phoneless"
    Hi there ocj

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

Was this device an iPhone or just an android?

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Hi Kyle, 
    It's an Android, Motorola G3

Hi Kyle, 
    It's an Android, Motorola G3
    Thank you for that.

So just to confirm, they advised you that your phone is already unlocked without giving you an actual unlocking code?

-Kyle

Yes, that's correct. 
    "Thanks for contacting us in relation to handset unlocking query.
    We would like to confirm that your Handset Motorola G3 is unlocked already.
    In order to unlock your handset kindly visit http://www.mobileunlockguide.com
    We hope this email is of some assistance to you."
    ;)

But I'm still getting the request "Sim Network unlock Pin"

• Advertisement

Hi there ocj

If your handset is requesting an unlock PIN then this is not unlocked.  Please try another SIM in your phone and if this doesn't work, I would suggest calling Customer Care directly to confirm that your handset is still locked.  Normally we would send an unlocking code with that email.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there ocj

If your handset is requesting an unlock PIN then this is not unlocked.  Please try another SIM in your phone and if this doesn't work, I would suggest calling Customer Care directly to confirm that your handset is still locked.  Normally we would send an unlocking code with that email.

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle, 
    I've tried two different sims and the phone still asks for the sim unlock code. 
    I've also called customer care who just keep reminding me that the "phone is already unlocked" and someone will look into it. No reply yet and this has been going on two weeks now. 
    You can see my frustration, 
    tks 
    ocj

Hi there ocj

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle, 
    I've also called customer care who just keep reminding me that the "phone is already unlocked" and someone will look into it. No reply yet and this has been going on two weeks now. 
    tks 
    ocj
    Hi there ocj

As we don't deal with unlocking codes and only Customer Care does, you need to contact them directly or respond back to the email that you received stating that this phone is locked.

If you have already tried different SIM cards in this handset, it's definitely locked.  If this handset was purchased on our network, they have to escalate this internally.

Unfortunately this is as far as we would be able to take this from here.

-Kyle

Hi there ocj

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle, 
    tks 
    ocj
    Hi there ocj

As we don't deal with unlocking codes and only Customer Care does, you need to contact them directly or respond back to the email that you received stating that this phone is locked.

If you have already tried different SIM cards in this handset, it's definitely locked.  If this handset was purchased on our network, they have to escalate this internally.

Unfortunately this is as far as we would be able to take this from here.

-Kyle
    Thanks Kyle for your help. 
    I did reply to the mail but have had no reply yet. 
    I suppose I just need to call everyday till someone can find it.  Can you PM me a direct number to call for unlock as I can't even call 1905 now since porting

Tks
    ocj 

Advertisement