Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre install

Options
  • 28-09-2017 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi there,

I have just ordered Fibre broadband and having spoken to some colleagues, they explained the installation process. The installation process as far as I understand it is: Eir install a fibre cable up to the entry point of the house and the new modem is located in the where the terminal box is. The modem must be located at this point unless an extension is provided. Devices can use the Wifi throughout the house.

My current DSL setup is that the modem is located upstairs (wife doesn't want it in the hall) so what are the options open to me with Fibre. I don't want visible cables either.

Can you advise what is the process for installation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

t305nqe wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have just ordered Fibre broadband and having spoken to some colleagues, they explained the installation process. The installation process as far as I understand it is: Eir install a fibre cable up to the entry point of the house and the new modem is located in the where the terminal box is. The modem must be located at this point unless an extension is provided. Devices can use the Wifi throughout the house.

My current DSL setup is that the modem is located upstairs (wife doesn't want it in the hall) so what are the options open to me with Fibre. I don't want visible cables either.

Can you advise what is the process for installation
    Hi there t305nqu

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

Unfortunately this wouldn't be something that we would able able to advise from here.  This will be all down to the technician.  I would suggest when he calls out to your premises, advise him of what you want and he will be able to advise you if this can be done. 

You're also more than welcome to call 1800303733 when he's there if you're having any issues there.

-Kyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 t305nqe

Kyle, 

Thanks for the reply. Can you just tell how the fibre is installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

t305nqe wrote: »
    Kyle, 

Thanks for the reply. Can you just tell how the fibre is installed?
    Hi there t305nqe

You're more than welcome to just click here where you will find all the information you need

-Kyle

Advertisement