Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Alarm Panel

Options
  • 28-09-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have been looking into home security systems over the last couple of weeks for a new semi-detached house I am moving in to.

I want a to go with what I think is a normal enough setup:
    • Contact/shock sensors on doors & windows
    • Motion sensor in the kitchen
    • GSM dialler
    • Mobile app
    • Monitored service

One thing I have noticed is that the actual keypads all look dated (HKC). Is there any modern looking keypads in 2017 available (touch screen or glass would be great).

If anyone has any recommendations on the alarm system I would also welcome that too. I've been looking mainly at HKC wired 1070.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

The HKC equipment does tick all the boxes but unfortunately they are indeed lagging on the touch screen keypad.

I believe it is something they are designing and working on but it may be a while yet.

If the keypad is big enough issue then have a look at the Vanderbilt 520 series keypad.
    Has to be the best looking one I have ever seen or indeed worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

I wouldn't be particularly keen on that Vanderbilt 520 keypad either. Although the pictures don't probably do it justice from their web site:

v54543f116a100_spck521.100n_026_012_400x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Sean^DCT4 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be particularly keen on that Vanderbilt 520 keypad either. Although the pictures don't probably do it justice from their web site:

v54543f116a100_spck521.100n_026_012_400x400.jpg

That is it pictured in daylight with the buttons illuminated, when they are not it is blank.
    It looks great at night.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They also have a new black one coming out shortly I hear.
    When off it looks like a blank screen.

I find a lot like the GSD keypad with multi line display.
    LCDKeypad.png
    The one in the image has the lid removed, when that's fitted it closes flush to just plain white finish.

Risco also a have a touch screen keypad
    Elegant%20Keypad%20Black%20Front%20-%20540X510_0.jpg

Advertisement