Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are county councils in a position to buy property

Options
  • 28-09-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi , I currently have tenants in my apartment. They are through RAS ... I'm toying with the idea of selling the property next year and I'm wondering would d/l rathdown county council be in a position to buy it off me or would the family that are living there be put on another list ? Any help would be greatly received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I am in a similar situation. I enquired with Dublin City Council & they say it is all on a case by case basis plus they will not guarantee that your current tenants will get to stay on in the property.

It's a horrible situation to be in. My tenants have been great over the past 8 years but I simply cannot afford to keep the house for much longer due to tax / mortgage repayments etc so it's time to give up being a landlord!

Advertisement