Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a refund for a speaker that's not faulty, it's just a piece of crap?

Options
  • 28-09-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Got a set of speakers from Lidl. Sound quality is worse than my phone. Is that a good enough reason to get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Lidl will usually refund when you return something, as long as you have the receipt. Tell them the sound quality is not fit for purpose anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI OP

the product has to be fit for purpose.
    now if they are broken - its usually very straightforward to get an exchange.

where you say they are rubbish, you are putting forward an opinion. the cost of the speakers, and the quality of the phone speakers you are comparing them to, would have a bearing here. some people have unrealistic expectations.

if you have only purchased the speakers, and have all the packaging id say you stand a great chance of getting a refund in Lidl. Because they are usually very good at dealing with these things, store policy seems to be very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

where you say they are rubbish, you are putting forward an opinion. the cost of the speakers, and the quality of the phone speakers you are comparing them to, would have a bearing here. some people have unrealistic expectations.

+1 if he tried to get a refund in the likes of Power City, he would be politely told to PFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Just an update. I told them the speaker was very bad quality. Had no problem getting a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

And the lesson here. Cheap is ****e :D

Advertisement