Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skint on Her Birthday

Options
  • 28-09-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Ok so it's my other half's birthday next week! Thing is I'm skint!

We are expecting our 2nd baby together very soon! and My GF has spent alot of time in and out of hospital! Which is an expensive!

Normally I love to spoil this girl as she really does mean everything to me!

But this time round I'm skint! I dunno what to do!

I know it seems childish, but she spent 100's ( my guess is 300) on me only few months ago!

I know she loves me and will no matter what I give her!

But I want to make her feel so special, especially the fact she has been having such a hard time lately!

Does anyone have any suggestions? my budget is maybe 100 quid?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Maybe get her some treatments in a local salon or spa if you can get them at the right price.

She might love some me time before the second baba arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It's the thought that counts, not the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BigKid

It's the thought that counts, not the cost.

100% ture, but thing is, i cant think of anything at all haha

100 Euro is loads

maybe a frame with loads of pics inside it of her with our daughter? and then a few other bits, like hair voucher and like said above few salon stuff? would that seem decent?

• Advertisement

BigKid wrote: »
    maybe a frame with loads of pics inside it of her with our daughter? and then a few other bits, like hair voucher and like said above few salon stuff? would that seem decent?

That sounds nice. You know her best, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

That sounds nice. You know her best, OP.

There is loads of voucher sites around that will get you loads for100!

There is loads of voucher sites around that will get you loads for100!

Any examples? I’m clueless at online vouchers, ha bearly can use this website haha

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭rcarroll

groupon has a good offer on last I checked..you can get a meal for two in Le Bon Crubeen €40 worth for €20, and cocktails after for €15 in a fancy bar in town..That leaves €50 for a massage or haircut or whatever... If she's been in hospital lately, a bit of pampering is nice to make you feel back to yourself - a nice haircut, spa treatment etc.
    Something that doesn't involve any effort on her part is best, and for me, an experience is always memorable ie skydiving/rock climbing/day at the races

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ok maybe not skydiving if shes coming to the end of what sounds like a difficult pregnancy.

Google a beauty salon in your area, look at ones that have Facebook pages and if the reviews look good ring them and say you've €80 to spend and she's pregnant, what can they recommend? Many massages will be out, as will getting her nails as some hospitals have a rule about no nail polish during labour.

Get her flowers and a book of an author she reads with the other €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

100e is a pretty generous gift if your both under a financial pressure because your life stages.

I made my husband his favourite dinner as his Birthday gift as we are broke after the wedding and saving for a house, spending money on "things" just seems wasteful right now.

I think a mum-to-be spa day and a home cooked meal/clean house on her return home would be an amazing birthday gift and in budget!

Or make something, photo albums, shelves for the nursery, vanity unit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Take your first kid off out for a day and let her have a lie in. When she wakes up, have her favourite breakfast left ready in the kitchen with a card, flowers, and a voucher for her usual hair salon. Have an appointment made for the afternoon (check with a sister or friend which salon and what to book her in for).
    That evening, make her favourite dinner and if you can get a babysitter take her for a mocktail or to the cinema or something else fairly cheap.
    If going out isn't an option get the older kid to bed (you do this too!!), and have her favourite munchies in and watch a film together.

All simple stuff, but shows your appreciation and will take a bit of planning so serious brownie points to be earned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

You've got 100 quid. You dunno what real skint is.

*Sorry, thought this was AF*

Ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Take your first kid off out for a day and let her have a lie in. When she wakes up, have her favourite breakfast left ready in the kitchen with a card, flowers, and a voucher for her usual hair salon. Have an appointment made for the afternoon (check with a sister or friend which salon and what to book her in for).
    That evening, make her favourite dinner and if you can get a babysitter take her for a mocktail or to the cinema or something else fairly cheap.
    If going out isn't an option get the older kid to bed (you do this too!!), and have her favourite munchies in and watch a film together.

All simple stuff, but shows your appreciation and will take a bit of planning so serious brownie points to be earned :)

if my husband fid this for me I would think it was sooooooooo romantic and thoughtful. perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Is there a particular treat she likes? I gave my bf a packet of pringles once a week for a year. I included the IOU in the card and as he wouldn't buy them himself he really appreciated it.

You've got 100 quid. You dunno what real skint is.

*Sorry, thought this was AF*

Ignore.

AF?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you could do a serious amount with 100euro - it just sounds like you are lacking imagination and not money!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

Make a photo book of your journey so far together ending with a scan of you baby.
    Lots of the online sites have great offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

s4uv3 wrote: »

this. much more so than any vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

O o... buy her a hoover. She'll love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

€100 would get you a night or 2 away on the likes of groupon or livingsocial, would be nice before baby number 2 comes.

Advertisement