Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell In A Cell (SD PPV) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Or heel Sami Zayn?

Great call.

Enjoyed that PPV, bar Jinder.

Shane is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Now that was a damn good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    No way Shane goes off the cell again surely?

And how!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Enjoyed the match a lot they gave each some beating

Shane is a legit insane person

Heel Sami could be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

this calls for another festival of friendship!

• Advertisement

Sami wasn't booked on the show. Hasn't really had any massive exposure since moving to SDL. Legit gripes there (kayfabe) against management. Wonder if it was long term booking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sami wasn't booked on the show. Hasn't really had any massive exposure since moving to SDL. Legit gripes there (kayfabe) against management. Wonder if it was long term booking?!

Also has legit gripes with McMahons from the way steph treated him on raw

Got a ridicolous thought what if they somehow cleared Daniel Bryan and it's shane/bryan vs ko/sami or a more possibly thought Shane and trips

I may need some sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Or heel Sami Zayn?

God damn Liz! Can I get the lotto numbers from you please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Intriguing finish to the Main event.

Great call from Liz! I'd have dismissed the idea of Sami's involvement as I assumed they were completely done with him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

According to Wikipedia, that's the first time Sami has turned heel in his career, which is a kind of amazing statistic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Omackeral wrote: »

I don't think its long term, as much as its taking advantage of how everything has occurred.

Brilliant ending. Didn't see it coming, but curious to see what happens next.

Loved New Day vs Usos. One of my favorite cell matches in ages.

Really depressed over Nakamura though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

That main event.... Wow.

Been a long time since I've written that about a Wwe ppv.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Overall, it was a good show bar the world title match. I was a bit worried early on in the tag match that it was going to be silly with the instruments and stuff, but that was only a small part of the match and the rest was good. Bit disappointed to see AJ lose, but good for Corbin. Women's match wasn't up to much, and I wasn't anywhere near as emotionally invested as it felt WWE was going for. Disappointed Rusev lost, but it's hardly a new development for him these days which sucks a lot.

Gonna watch the last two matches later, the world title match pissed me off enough that I just went to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The stuff on top of the cell was great. Really had you on the edge of your seat with the bumps they were taking and seeing if the cell held.

I would say they must have been scared back-flopping on top of the cell but I don't think anything actually scares Shane. Guy is 47 and he's jumped off the cell. Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really the ref should've been up on the cell as well in case of a pinfall or submission. And if Shane had any commitment, he would've clmbed the chains to the rafters to do the elbow drop. :) When did Sami get there. That was one of the few times where the guy has rolled out of the way after a jump was started. Usually you see them move completely before the opponent has left the turnbuckle or whatever. Crazy overall, but Shane gave the thumbs up so all good. Now he just needs to teach his sons to sell.

As has been said, the tag match was excellent as well. They missed showing how Big E escaped. Looked like he broke the chain.

Can see now why the triple threat was made. It keeps AJ safe while also backing up his claim that Corbin takes shortcuts.

Seeing how they're treating Nakamura makes me worry for Asuka.

And with your one in the front row, it made me realise that a PPV just isn't the same without Becky.

Remember when Roode got even more elabroate entrances at every Takeover? Guess they can't do that with the number of PPVs he'll be in going forward.

And, of course, we had the Fashion Files. Something to look forwrad to on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah I said Zayn would turn heel early last week lol

Good event overall, disappointed Mahel retained and we have to endure him in Dublin and for the next few months as world champion. Hopefully styles goes back into the world title picture. There's a lot of legit worry about Shane's condition all over the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There's a lot of legit worry about Shane's condition all over the internet

It looked like the table Owen's fell through had those black bean bag things under the table but I didn't see any under shanes table. He also seemed to bounce off the table on impact. Definitely not as smooth as when he did it at wrestlemania.

Ah I said Zayn would turn heel early last week lol

Give over, you predict everything all the time! You said Hunter and Steph would cost Shane in this very thread.
    Have a feeling hes [HHH] behind the whole thing along with Stephanie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So the last update on Shane following preliminary tests was that he may be dealing with multiple fractures, dislocated shoulder and neck trauma. Nothing further after that. All I can think is his medical insurance + life assurance premium must be through the roof :D

• Advertisement

But is that his condition according to WWE or according to the real story?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But is that his condition according to WWE or according to the real story?

Yeah sorry I should have said that's according to WWE whether it's true or not is a whole different story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kopite386 wrote: »
    So the last update on Shane following preliminary tests was that he may be dealing with multiple fractures, dislocated shoulder and neck trauma. Nothing further after that. All I can think is his medical insurance + life assurance premium must be through the roof :D

If one of us fell we would prob get back up almost straight away lol

Love Baron Corbins new theme

Have a feeling Breezedango will be slaughtered by whoever is revealed and we may never see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

kopite386 wrote: »

So its a wwe update, that means he'll be back on smackdown tuesday night looking for a rematch, he is the son of Vincent Kennedy McMahon after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

anyone else think charlotte legitimately hurt her leg? the ending of the match didn't seem right to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    Love Baron Corbins new theme

I miss his old one :(
    Glad the Uso's won back the titles. I expected the New Day to retain & eventually feud with The Authors of Pain

ERG89 wrote: »
    I miss his old one :(
    Glad the Uso's won back the titles. I expected the New Day to retain & eventually feud with The Authors of Pain

That's why I went in on them in the fantasy league.

Who do the Usos feud with now? Renew their feud with Brezango? Gable/Benjamin?

Their story with New Day has to be over now. I'd love if New Day moved into a story with Owens/Zayn actually. Shane should be shelved for a few weeks at least...

Been a while since i said it, but I'm actually looking forward to this week's smackdown to see the fallout.

Next PPV for SD will be Survivor Series? I think the wwe title will still be Nakamura for that or someone just as a one off.

anyone else think charlotte legitimately hurt her leg? the ending of the match didn't seem right to me

I thought that myself so either she is really good at selling an 'injury' or her knee really is injured. At one stage I thought Charlotte would somehow just win then Carmella would come out bash her knee with the briefcase and cash in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Been a while since i said it, but I'm actually looking forward to this week's smackdown to see the fallout.

Next PPV for SD will be Survivor Series? I think the wwe title will still be Nakamura for that or someone just as a one off.

Have a feeling it'll be like last year with neither world title defended (maybe Brock will defend his though if he's booked, most likely against Balor)

The big 5v5 match this year for me should be:

Team Raw; Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman and Wyatt (or Joe if he's back by then)
    Team SD; Mahal, Nakamura, Styles, Owens and Zayn

Advertisement