Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaguar autonomous car research for Limerick & Shannon

• 28-09-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

This seems like fairly major news for the city and the region. I heard of people applying for jobs already and they're fairly high end research positions. On the one hand it shows that the IDA is getting serious about the Midwest. But it's also fantastic for the region that some major research in a fast-approaching transport revolution is going to be taking place here. And on top of that it indicates that Brexit could well be playing into our hands. With these kind of drivers, project forward and try and imagine what the city and the region looks like in 10 or 15 years. They could be radically different to what they are now.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/273204/full-speed-ahead-for-jaguar-and-major-jobs-boost-for-limerick-region.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

I would wait for the announcement first or as the saying goes don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It would be a great coup for the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MrLaurel

Just think of the noise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Read that article today in the post, will be a major positive for the Mid West if this takes off and with the new M18/17 they've set this up at the right time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Good news indeed. Will this be in collaboration with GM in Dooradoyle? Guessing not as they're probably different companies, though I hadn't realised TATA owned Jaguar, first I'd heard of TATA was when they bought up the steel factories to shutdown in the UK.

L@@KING @testicles for the new news...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Good news indeed. Will this be in collaboration with GM in Dooradoyle? Guessing not as they're probably different companies, though I hadn't realised TATA owned Jaguar, first I'd heard of TATA was when they bought up the steel factories to shutdown in the UK.

L@@KING @testicles for the new news...

You are correct that GM is a completely different company so will have nothing to do with this. Their operation in Dooradoyle is all IT. Basically controlling the computers running the manufacturing plants around the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Has anyone seen any of the jobs online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

You are correct that GM is a completely different company so will have nothing to do with this. Their operation in Dooradoyle is all IT. Basically controlling the computers running the manufacturing plants around the world.

No, GM here have a lot of research and development for car systems too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Zoney wrote: »
    No, GM here have a lot of research and development for car systems too.

Fair enough. I only know IT people working there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

anyone here anything else about this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Heard GM is a nightmare to work for. Long hours and little thanks. Unrealistic targets leading to high turnover of staff.

Advertisement