Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition Year Student Seeking Experience in a Science Lab

Options
  • 28-09-2017 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

As a last ditch effort I'm posting this in the hope that someone can help my son find a placement in a lab for a weeks TY work experience at the end of November.
    He's really keen on the sciences and wants to work in the field as a career.
    He's been working hard researching local companies that may have labs and writing letters and emails to them asking if they'd take him on for the week.
    Sadly no one has replied and we've reached the point where it looks like it's not going to be possible.
    If he doesn't have something agreed by next Monday (28th September) then he's been told he'll lose points.
    Is there anyone in the midlands area that could provide a weeks work experience in a lab environment?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As a last ditch effort I'm posting this in the hope that someone can help my son find a placement in a lab for a weeks TY work experience at the end of November.
    He's been working hard researching local companies that may have labs and writing letters and emails to them asking if they'd take him on for the week.
    Sadly no one has replied and we've reached the point where it looks like it's not going to be possible.
    If he doesn't have something agreed by next Monday (28th September) then he's been told he'll lose points.
    Is there anyone in the midlands area that could provide a weeks work experience in a lab environment?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Athlone Institute of Technology? If not them they might know someone who can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Thanks,
    Chris

Have ye tried Elan or those other plants in Monksland, and you could try Roscommon County Council also, they have a modern lab and I know they used to take on students for experience.
    Give them all a buzz tomorrow, google their numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Have you tried Alexion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ChrisJefferies

Thanks for the replies. 
    Yes we've tried all of those, apart from the councils (Thanks Donal55) so we'll give them a try next.
    We're now driving around the different companies on the various IDA parks and going in face to face to see if that works.

Advertisement