Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card balance - Bluestone, Cabot

• 28-09-2017 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hallo everybody from Germany.

I am German and I am married since over 25 years with an Irish girl :-)
    From 1995 to 2008 I was guest in your country and worked in the beautiful County Clare.
    At the financial crisis I was made redundant and we decided to move to Germany where we both found work again

After getting so great help here on this board in another matter I hope to
    find an answer to an ongoing issue which is annoying.

When we moved to Germany we were customers at Halifax which had a branch in the town I lived. We had a normal account, we had a fixed interest rate saving account and we had a Visa.
    When we moved over we kept the Irish account and used it from time to time for ongoing business in Ireland (selling the car etc.).
    The Visa card was stolen in Germany in autumn 2009 and Halifax was informed within 50 minutes from Germany. The branch knew our German address and still we did not get a visa statement until April 2010. The balance was absolutely wrong and I first complained to the local branch by phone and in April we were in Ireland and I talked in the branch with the people working there. They could give us no information about the credit card. But they promised to contact Dublin and help us. Then the branch was closed.
    We wrote to Halifax in Dublin and asked for the last 12 statements to check the balance and to find out what have happened. We rang the call center in Dublin and got no information.
    In June 2010 we wrote a letter disputing the total balance within the required 13 month.
    We called again and a member of a call center told us that the file was given away by Halifax to a financial company.
    He said he could not help us.

Since then we have been in contact with :

Every day debt recovery in Atherny in 2010

Irish Debt Bureau in Dublin in 2012

Bluestone Dublin in 2014

and since 2016
    Cabot/Belgard solicitors

Every time asking for statements and disputing the balance.

Today i got a letter with a reduced settlement offer which is 50% of total balance.
    Early 2016 i got a letter with 30%.

What I never ever got in 8 years is the statements from where i could see how this balance came up to the sum and this after being registered as stolen with police and Halifax.

No my questions finally:

Are letter in Ireland always sent with normal post?
    Where are the legally after 8 years?
    Is it not important that i disputed the total amount to halifax in writing and registered post?
    It is always stated that owe the money to Halifax....

All letters I ever received were sent with normal post.

In Germany your need registered post for legal proof that a letter was even sent.
    I sent always my letter with registered post and kept copies of the receipts.

10 month ago I sent to Belgard copies all of my whole conversations since April 2010 with Halifay and all other companies ( with the proof of registered letters)

I am getting tired with these companies wanting this money from me which i did not spent.

Could someone tell me what else i can do?

Thanks a lot

Udo

Advertisement