Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How/Where do you open a graduate account.

Options
  • 28-09-2017 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi - read up on your graduate account online and I would like to open one. However I have been sent on a merry-go-round by 2 of your branches today and am still none the wiser as how to open one

According to your website on the how to apply section "call into any branch where you can find out about the benefits of opening or switching to our Bank of Ireland graduate package."

So I called into your Dublin O'Connell St branch today and was advised by an advisor there that they don't deal with graduate accounts as "they are not a student branch" and I should go to the college green branch.

Went to the college green branch and after queuing for close to 40 minutes I was told by the lady at customer service desk that I should apply online. When I pointed out on my iPhone that the website explicitly states that you apply in branch she proceeded to say "Well that's for people that don't have a computer at home and they can come into the branch and apply via the online banking computers in here." Trying to hold back the laughter I went to the computers and asked her to show my where to apply. After the lady realised that you couldn't apply online she asked me to wait for a few moments. After a few minutes she came back and told me I needed to go to the trinity beach to apply.

So on I went to trinity - walking by a large ironic sign outside the college green branch that said "open for business" - only to find that thethe Trinity branch was closed.

Do I have to go to Trinity - or can you advise me of a Dublin City Centre Branch that actually knows what they are doing and can open one for me?
    Strongly considering opening with another bank instaead tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi - read up on your graduate account online and I would like to open one. However I have been sent on a merry-go-round by 2 of your branches today and am still none the wiser as how to open one

According to your website on the how to apply section "call into any branch where you can find out about the benefits of opening or switching to our Bank of Ireland graduate package."

So I called into your Dublin O'Connell St branch today and was advised by an advisor there that they don't deal with graduate accounts as "they are not a student branch" and I should go to the college green branch.

Went to the college green branch and after queuing for close to 40 minutes I was told by the lady at customer service desk that I should apply online. When I pointed out on my iPhone that the website explicitly states that you apply in branch she proceeded to say "Well that's for people that don't have a computer at home and they can come into the branch and apply via the online banking computers in here." Trying to hold back the laughter I went to the computers and asked her to show my where to apply. After the lady realised that you couldn't apply online she asked me to wait for a few moments. After a few minutes she came back and told me I needed to go to the trinity beach to apply.

So on I went to trinity - walking by a large ironic sign outside the college green branch that said "open for business" - only to find that thethe Trinity branch was closed.

Do I have to go to Trinity - or can you advise me of a Dublin City Centre Branch that actually knows what they are doing and can open one for me?
    Strongly considering opening with another bank instaead tomorrow.

Hi westerner01,

Thanks for getting in contacting with us through Boards.ie.

I'm very sorry that you received this service's in these branches. We would usually ask that you set an appointment in a branch near to you to open any account. You can set an appointment in any branch online through the link here.
    But if you can send us a Private message here (you can do this through the link below this message) so we can get more information from you so we can have a look into this further for you.

Very sorry again and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Darren.

Advertisement