Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is 38 too late to start training MMA?

Options
  • 28-09-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

I'm in good shape frame wise but have no cardio

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

too late for what exactly? to get into the ufc? I think you know that answer, to train for fun/hobby/fitness your age is no issue theres much older in every gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I'm in good shape frame wise but have no cardio

You're not going to win a world title, but you'll have fun.
    Find a gym, join a beginners class, buy a mouth guard, some hand wraps, shin guards, sparing gloves and give it a lash, if nothing else you'll have fun and find a new hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Never to late to train. I don't know how far you want to take it but for fun and exercise I say go for it. What do you gave to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Definitely not . We have guys in their 50s doing it.

There is various levels of intensity to training, the level that 90% who train martial arts like MMA is suitable for almost anyone. Its fun and you will learn a lot and it help in lots of different facets of life. There are different gears for competitors and then again for pros. However the vast majority of people who train just do it for fun and to learn new skills.

Personally I find my ability to work in an office and study have all greatly improved due to my involvement in martial arts. There is much more than the direct physical benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

To train for fun. Absolutely not. Plenty of guys start older.

If you wanted to. Having a fight in a cage would be impossible either. There have been plenty of guys would have doon Wimp2Warrior in Australia and Ireland that have been over 40. Some even over 50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement