Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in mortgage closing

Options
  • 28-09-2017 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,
    I have a problem with closing of the sale, we paid the money last Friday ( solicitor still hasn't release them) and are now waiting a week for the last documents - transfer of ownership of property (only received a photocopy and not original), my solicitor said we cant wait any longer and he will have to return money back to the bank, did anyone come across anything like this?? We went sale agreed on 28th of July. Any feedback would be appreciated as I don't know what to think and the solicitor doesn't answer emails or return phone calls.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

New build?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DailyStrugle

No, second hand house.

just wondering, if the solicitor sends money back to the bank, does that mean the sale fell through ?how long can anyone wait for the property ownership to be transferred over to the new owner? I am really upset by the whole situation to the point that I cant concentrate on anything

• Registered Users Posts: 44 G1raff3

Was a closing date ever agreed? Sounds as though everything is ready to go but sellers holding it up somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

No it doesn't mean the sale has fallen through, just the closing is delayed. I'm presuming its your mortgage funds that the solicitor wants to send back to the bank ? He will request the funds to be issued again when the closing documents are ready.

• Advertisement

hey, yes it is the mortgage funds he wants to send back to bank, just worried that after all this the sale will fall through but it wouldn't make sense. Stressed to bits, I am a first time buyer, the closing date was last Friday, this was agreed on the contract

Advertisement