Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Makes such a difference. It looks like the coach is giving him a chance now from further out during the game from around 50 yards. There were a couple of attempts there that in the recent past that they'd punt away.

But the Ravens kicker...he's the best there is, I think. Commentary saying he's never missed an extra point...and all they needed in the final drive was one of those passes to get near halfway and he'd have made the FG. Fingernails stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

dfx- wrote: »
    Also, on the Roethlisberger finished thing..

No interceptions, 506 yards and 4 touchdowns. He does still have it...

He's 2nd to Brady in passing with 3,744 yards currently, and he's playing so-so by his standards I'd say. The onfield relationship he has with AB is unreal.

Why isn't Deebo getting more snaps? With Shazier put on IR isn't it the right time to let Harrison loose?

Not a great season for Ben perhaps, but the last few games all in primetime, he has been excellent.

Harrison just doesn't fit what they want from the Linebackers. He can't drop back into coverage anymore though it was supposedly never his strongest suit anyway. He's a pass rusher now almost exclusively and Watt and Dupree are first choice.

Mind you he can't be any worse than what was out there last Sunday to try him instead of Spence.

Mind you he can't be any worse than what was out there last Sunday to try him instead of Spence.

Exactly, he's miles ahead of Spence at nearly 40, pass rush has been his thing as you said all his career hence he's our leading sack man. Would love to see him chasing Brady down Sunday evening. Hopefully Hayden may be back Sunday night to, never did I think I would say that about a Browns reject!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,893 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Yes Vince Williams!!!

Go 26, keep it going Steelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

We really have being doing well without AB. The rest of the offense has really stepped up and the D has been very solid.

Let's go Steelers!!!

• Advertisement

Ffffing robbed, Gronk is talking out of his hoop!!! Touchdown everyday of of the weekto the Outlaw!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,893 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Makes a change for the Patriots to get the rub of the green. Said no one ever.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Everything went to the script for the Steelers pretty much..dependent on the AB injury.

Dominate the time of possession keeping Brady off the field, defense did ok, a rare Brady interception, all the other receivers stepped up: Rogers, Bryant, Juju, James, Bell...

Then in a puff of smoke...the AFCCG is in Foxboro and the narrative around Steelers v Patriots continues.

WTF realeasing Deebo..... All time sack leader, a man that bled black & gold. Chances are he'll come back to bite Colbert or whoevers ass in the playoffs. Brain dead move.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

I think he has been causing trouble with tomlin about playing time. The obvs feel he doesnt have it anymore.. I think its a stupid move, he's the type of lad that will make a clutch play.

He also has only played about 30 snaps all season in an 11-3 record, so they're not hugely missing him they could argue.

He's only played 11 snaps since the Chiefs game, all of them against the Ravens.

Shocking against the run, be fearful coming up against better than Millar & Blue in the playoffs. Haden solid against Hopkins so far.

very similar against the run as the Ravens game. 2nd and 22 turns into a first down in two runs.

Offence as always looks like it could run riot, positive thing they held the Texans scoreless on last possession.

O-line was so good on protection on that pass interference call on Rodgers. Great to see Rosie get another TD.

• Advertisement

Shocker Cam Heyward did not make Pro Bowl!!!

3 sacks for Mike Hilton, great going.

That INT drive on the goal-line aside, it's been pretty good stuff all round, even a sniff of a half decent punt return.

Good win, nothing more. Bigger fish to fry hopefully, we need to improve on rush defence seriously. Can we win the Super Bowl, absolutely, but need everything to go our way ALL the time.

Can see it now, Deebo sacks Ben in the AFC Championship game to secure victory for the Patriots!!!

So, 13-3 is the final record for the regular season and probably Jacksonville back in the Divisional Round. 4th best ever season record apparently. Record number of sacks too at 56. First kick-off TD return since 2010 today.

The offense is really picking up since the bye, averaging 30 points per game, but the defense has regressed and the run defense has definitely the weakest spot.

So, 13-3 is the final record for the regular season and probably Jacksonville back in the Divisional Round. 4th best ever season record apparently. Record number of sacks too at 56. First kick-off TD return since 2010 today.

The offense is really picking up since the bye, averaging 30 points per game, but the defense has regressed and the run defense has definitely the weakest spot.

We owe the Jaguars some payback alright, but as you say the run defence is our weak point. If Fournette is who we do face in the Divisional round I'd be worried!!! Can only wait to see who we face.

Will we do it Sunday evening? We certainly have the players, but that week 5 loss is still in back of my mind, only thing is we can't play as bad as the week 5 loss i feel. Bell coming out this week saying he wont play on the tag next year if tagged and will take a year out instead is not the kind of press the team needs.

I think the Jaguars are more of a known threat on defense now. I think they caught a lot of people by surprise first time around, especially early season.

I don't think the Jaguars have enough to come back from behind, so I would be reasonably conservative and let Boswell kick FGs if necessary to get in front and stay in front. No reason to risk tight throws or big throws.

Steelers likeliest routes to a loss will be turnovers or giving up big run plays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OOnegative wrote: »
    Will we do it Sunday evening? We certainly have the players, but that week 5 loss is still in back of my mind, only thing is we can't play as bad as the week 5 loss i feel. Bell coming out this week saying he wont play on the tag next year if tagged and will take a year out instead is not the kind of press the team needs.

DFIU

Advertisement