Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

good drive there i was afraid we wouldn't score this half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Tough contest, Raiders dominating quite honestly but shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. That last drive was criminal on their part. They get the ball back in the second half now as well.

Defence is very short handed with Haden, Bush, Tuitt, Alualu and now Watt out, and the guys left have been out there most of that half. Not good

Offence will have to get it together if they are going to win this one

Alualu broke his ankle according to reports, ugh!

Disappointing but no complaints. Couldn’t get off the field on defence and couldn’t get any pressure on Carr with all the guys that were missing. He was able to just take what was there all day.

This offence has so much work to do, Ben was getting hit all day long, they really didn’t do enough in the offseason to fix that Oline IMO. It was obvious that it was going to be a problem and here we are. I don’t see where improvements are going to come from either unless they make a trade

Steelers offence is just awful today

Very poor again, lack of a pass rush with all the injuries is killing is on defence and the offence only plays in stops and starts. Can’t move the ball consistently

I actually picked the Bengals in the pickem pool and haven’t seen anything to change my mind

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What's the over/under on how many points the offense can get per game...17? 14?....10?

The final 4th and 10 play..ugh.

Yeah I don’t know how you call a dump off behind the line to your RB on fourth and 10, maybe whatever they called broke down, game was effectively gone anyway.

Injuries are hitting hard, they have to get guys back on the field but having said that the schedule is brutal so they are going to struggle anyway and are probably looking at a losing season regardless.

A bad year and a high draft pick might not be the worst thing in the long term. I think it’s fair to say bringing Ben back was a mistake. He is not mobile enough to compensate for this awful line. Not his fault, but his problem nonetheless. He is going to end up on IR

Great 1st drive and TD

Not pretty in the end but a win is a win

Running the ball much better but it’s all down to Najee, the running game disappeared once he went off hurt. Ben looked better against a good Broncos defence

If they can get to the bye at 3-3 and get the defence healthy their season will still be alive but it’ll be a real struggle to make a wildcard with their schedule. December is absolutely brutal in particular

• Advertisement

Is it just me or is this one of the most one sided officiating performances I’ve ever seen? Refs are killing us with phantom flags, and then no-calls on the Browns. How the missed that blatant dirty hit on Boz during the trick play is just mind boggling. We should have gotten the ball on the goal line there.

Other than that, plenty to be optimistic about, offence moving the ball well until they get in the redzone and the flags start flying. They are probably going to lose this one but they have been more than competitive. Run blocking is unrecognisable from earlier in the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Quite funny after their QB giving it the big one they cough it up two plays later.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Im at 3 mins left in 3rd quarter we are only down a point but its starting to look bleak. Refs are killing us and no kicker

Refs have been ok this half but absolutely robbed us blind all first half. We should have been up a TD at the half

great TD from Pat F but no extra points

Cracking win. Unorthodox to say the least, but very funny after Mayfield getting so hyped up. An entertaining watch.

Yeah good gritty division road win. Need to be better in the Redzone going forward. Juju is a big loss for the season, he is such a reliable target there

Can't believe we pulled it off Browns must be sickened

Jets just beat the Bengals aswell AFC North is wide open

• Advertisement

I’d say Browns fans thought they’d batter us twice this year. This is a really bad result for them but they are good enough to recover and make a run later on.

Bengals may not be as good as they looked, but I suppose an emerging team with a young QB is always going to be susceptible to being caught like that. Jets did the same to the Titans a few weeks ago.

Division is definitely up for grabs, anybody could win it.

James Conner just ran in his eleventh TD of the season for the Cardinals, he is leading the league in touchdowns now afaik. Delighted for him. One of the sports good guys that has overcome so much.

I was sorry to see him leave the Steelers but it was tough sledding for him in recent years behind a bad OLine in Pittsburgh. Great to see he has found a place where he can perform to his potential. Very underrated player

I think I read recently that he is still around the 3-4 yards per carry that he had in Pittsburgh, just getting more from it.

Win against the Bears...narrow narrow win with something of a collapse from 20-6 up. But 5-3 is a much better record than anyone expected so far, Lions next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Love watching najee Harris play, he's savage. As a bears fan, to me that match was dominated by the refs, but just wanted to say, in an era when running backs are ten a penny, he looks really special.

• Advertisement

Just watched the highlights crazy finish to the game

I couldn’t stay up because I had an early start this AM but I had a quick look on a US forum that I post on this morning and the comments there would seem to bear that out. View is that the refs were appalling and we stole this one. Must watch it tonight.

The standard of refereeing across the board is really poor with very little consistency. Must drive the coaches and players absolutely crazy but they can’t really say anything.

Ben out with Covid for the game tomorrow v the Lions

l’ll be interested to see how Mason performs with this opportunity.

Damn. Are they not getting the vaccines i wonder? I think we'll be ok with Mason though the Lions are just awful.

He was vaccinated but still got it, not unprecedented.

Lions are awfuL but they gave some very good teams a scare earlier in the season including the Ravens and Rams. Can’t take anything for granted, especially with Juju & Claypool missing as well. The big thing for Mason will be to just not turn the ball over, Ben hasn’t been great himself but he is at least taking care of the ball.

Post edited by The_Honeybadger on

• Advertisement

Mason played with James Washington in college so there will be some chemistry there. Hopefully Freiermuth can jell with his aswell

TD Washington. very nice drive to start

You called it earlier fair play

Impressive opening drive from Mason too

Great special team tackle by Derek Watt

Seat of the pants finish as usual, at least they seem to have got a handle on Detroit running through them

Well, erm, at least they didn't lose.

That OT period was the most insane thing I’ve seen in a while. In fairness a tie was probably fair

That was total chaos Last night i couldn't wait for it to finish

It’ll be tough sledding on Sunday night by the looks of it, and of course it’s a prime time game

What a game, so close, but just not quite good enough. Pretty much every week is edge of your seat stuff with the Steelers.

• Advertisement

Saw the highlights this morning the defence seems just can't stop the run any more which also opens us up to the deep ball. 5 of the last 7 games will be close if we're lucky.

Fell asleep at HT last night, just watched the rest of it. Great effort to stay in it and take the lead in the fourth quarter. I don’t think you could ask much more of the guys that were out there given all the injuries and other absences they are trying to deal with. Season has been a bit of a nightmare from that perspective.

This is an absolute rout. The defence is a pale shadow of the 2019/20 version with all the guys lost to injury and free agency. TJ clearly not ready to come back, they may as well shut him down for the day at this stage.

Schedule doesn’t get any easier either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ryan Clark isn’t happy with the steelers.

Yesterday was really ugly, outplayed all over the field. They are in free fall, big rebuild and some lean years on the way by the looks of it.

Need to find a QB first and foremost. They’ll have decent draft position but the class is not supposed to be great.

Really (really) not looking forward to this evenings game. It could get very ugly.

Yes I am expecting a whooping

The way results have gone across the league generally this season you never know though

Interesting approach from the steelers trying to tire out the Ravens offence by keeping them on the field the entire game

That drop by Diontae at the goal line was a killer. This is still a game despite a horrible first half performance

who thought they'd get the 2 points? Andrews caught everything all night and usually Bush was five yards behind him...

• Advertisement

It was a 50/50, just glad we came out on top

TJ now leading the league in sacks despite missing several games. The reason for him not getting POTY the past few years despite leading in all the usual categories that matter was that he was playing in the best Defensive Front in football and he is supposedly a system player. Given that Bud left in free agency and Tuitt and Alualu have missed the whole season surely that excuse is moot?

Advertisement