Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

If we do get in it’ll be as the #7 seed and a trip to Arrowhead after getting absolutely smoked there a few weeks ago. Tough assignment to say the least

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Steelers Heart Attack football when they're not playing and one team is 15 points up. That last Chargers drive, five 4th downs converted.

But they are there. They will be thumped by KC but you might as well be there and lose than not...

And of course it’s a night game when I have work early on Monday.

If they were going anywhere else I’d give them a punchers chance but the Chiefs at Arrowhead is not a good matchup for them. Most of the Steelers wins have been low scoring arm wrestles, they will be double digit underdogs and won’t win a shootout

I watched the 4th qtr of the chargers raiders game. We are very lucky the raiders wanted to avoid the chiefs in the playoffs and kick a field goal to win. If it was a different potential team they would have taken a knee and a tie would have knocked us out. The ravens must be spitting bile to see us in the playoffs.

• Advertisement

Bills played some game last night they embarrassed the Pats. Josh Allen played a near perfect game.

Didn’t stay up, must watch the highlights but it looks like a fairly comprehensive win

Not sure what to expect tonight, Chiefs blew us up a few weeks ago but everything that could go wrong in that game did, multiple fumbles and short fields for the Chiefs etc.

We’ll need a few turnovers and probably a defensive score to have any chance you’d think

Wow the Eagles are getting battered 30-0 and still in the 3rd qtr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Had the Steelers game recorded, just in case, but I think I'll probably just watch a bit of Netflix later instead.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Couldnt stay up for the game because I had to be on the road at six this morning. The score line is not a huge surprise really because the Chiefs are a much better team than the Steelers. Even making the postseason was an achievement with this roster. I’ll watch the condensed game later on.

• Advertisement

I watched up until TJ Watt's fumble recovery....it had been going surprisingly well until then. Defensively...not offensively. But the result was academic..

Watched it back, couldn’t move the ball or do anything on offence and then some dreadful drops on important third downs by Diontae. Once mahomes got going there were guys running open everywhere. Just completely outclassed all over the field.

I get the feeling they’d have been happy enough to wrap things up with the win in Baltimore last weekend, they really had no business in the playoffs.

Important offseason on the way

Watching the Divisional round games...

Thinking of sending 5 yard screens from Rudolph into that for a decade, oh dear..

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Picking at #20 in what is generally regarded as a weak QB class there probably isn’t much they can do in the short term except ride it out.

They may bring in a veteran free agent like Mariota, Bridgewater or Trubisky etc. Not sure that makes me feel much better.

The Oline should get 1st and 2nd picks. Center and guard. TYLER LINDERBAUM C and SEAN RHYAN G I'd like to see drafted. LINDERBAUM might be gone at 20 though.

Yes OLine has to be a priority without a doubt, I don’t know much about college football but I see Linderbaum is rated very highly

On another note, congrats to TJ Watt now officially DPOY. He probably could have won it either of the past two years and nobody would have complained. He has been unbelievably consistent since 2019

Nice video they put together, great career but definitely time to finish up at this stage. You would imagine that he won’t have to wait long for Canton

Huge uncertainty now regarding who will be the QB in week 1 2022. I don’t think I could take a full season of watching Mason Rudolph

Troy Polamalu's nephew I hope the Steelers draft him. Projected around 4th 5th round

• Advertisement

Quite the few days in free agency, Mitch Trubisky, James Damiels, Myles Jack, Mason Cole, Levi Wallace, bringing back Chuks too. And I doubt they are done somehow. We are so used to them doing nothing this time of year.

Being this active in free agency is usually not a good thing but it’s intriguing to see how these guys pan out and how the team comes together.

They have pretty much filled most of the glaring holes on the team now so they have flexibility in the draft. By all accounts this is not a vintage QB class. A CB in round 1 and a WR in round 2 would be ideal but it depends on how things fall I guess

What a tragedy, seems he was trying to cross a highway in traffic, very strange set of circumstances going by one of the reports I read.

He was only down there to practice with the other Steelers QB’s WR’s and RB’s, they will all be devastated. Heart goes out to his family,

ya its awful and odd. i saw a tv clip of the location earlier it was the same as crossing the M50

Mother of God what a game 32-20 Steelers beat Bengals in OT. Mental game. Hope the injuries aren't serious there was a lot of them.

TJ Watt has a torn pec if early reports are correct, that’s a season ender, and it’s the same injury that his brother JJ has struggled with later in his career. Devastating if confirmed, he was immense again today and is the heartbeat of the team. Najee was on the sideline towards the end, might be a good sign.

Game itself was completely bonkers. Very lucky to hold on

Not exactly a classic this evening. With TJ out Jones had all day to throw but what really hurt them was that special teams f**k up. That just can’t happen when your margin for error is as thin as it is with this Steelers offence.

It’s hard to see where the next win is coming from with Watt missing a couple of games and Mitch T at QB. You’d have to think Pickett will be in pretty soon.

All AFC north lost at least. Pass play calling is poor too. Too much dink and dunk stuff, not playing to our WR strengths. Dumping Mitch T now would look bad on the coaches I think.

They don’t / can’t trust the protection to let plays develop down the field, if they take a sack or any negative play the drive will be dead with this offence. That said, Mitch had time yesterday against a mediocre pass rush and there were guys open but he kept taking the check down anyway. It’s a hard watch and I’d have little confidence in it getting much better tbh.

They didn’t really invest that much in Mitch, they will put Pickett in when he is ready hopefully. If things don’t get better soon they’ll be under fierce pressure from fans.

• Advertisement

The defense has to do the scoring and keeping them out and it worked just in week 1. Not so much week 2.

A dropped INT before the punt muffed....but that can't be the sole decider of games. Expecting no mistakes on defense and fearing mistakes or taking any risk on offense is not viable.

Advertisement