Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Kenny looked zippy and relaxed in preseason. Mitch T has in 2 games become what all the experts said. He never stood a chance in fairness. When will Tomlin pull the trigger is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Going to be a tough watch this year.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Highest paid defence in the league is average without TJ Watt, they are getting no pressure without him and the offence is dreadful. As poor as Ben was in recent years he was able to win some squeakers in the fourth quarter a lot of the time.

Tomlin has never had a losing season, it would be a near miracle if he can keep that going this season

Stop, stop we're already dead.

Brutal, just totally outmatched all over the field.

• Advertisement

The whole secondary has been ruled out for Sunday against the Bucs, as well as Leal who was actually pretty good in place of Watt last week. It’ll be practice squad players playing at corner vs Evans and Godwin. Could be another really ugly one

The one bright spot for me is that I have Brady on my fantasy team

SS: Terrell Edmunds

FS: Tre Norwood

NCB: Arthur Maulet

LCB: James Pierre

RCB: Josh Jackson

Thought Edmunds was out as well, not that he is the second coming of Troy or anything.

I hadn’t even heard of Jackson until he was on the field last week, and I’d follow the team fairly closely. It’s been a nightmare year for injuries on the defence so far.

Season is a write off anyway, they are looking at 5-12 or thereabouts and a top 10 pick which may be no harm in the long run I suppose.

God I'd say top 3 easy. They may draft the best left tackle or corner available. both positions are in dire need of quality and leadership. Feel sorry for Cam Heyward the man deserved a ring, not looking likely now.

• Advertisement

Theyll probably win a few after the bye when they get everyone back.

Yeah Cam is such a great player. I think if one of the contenders calls about him before the trade deadline they could even let him go. He is a possible cap casualty in the offseason anyway, and will be retired or washed up by the time they are relevant again if he stays around.

That must be time mustn't it? Not bothering with the rest of the game, just going to presume Steelers hold on......

If only

Great opening drive by Kenny and the offence, let’s hope for some more of the same

What a brilliant gutsy win. There was no expectation whatsoever that they’d even be competitive with the crazy injury list and missing both of their best players.

Still lots of issues of course but very encouraging performance, Claypool was absolutely phenomenal in the second half

Wow didn't think we could pull that off.

Did very well there to only be down by 6 at half-time. Not confident about the 2nd half though.

Edit: Finished that way. Ah well.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

Just watched game in 40 back, couldn’t stay up last night because of work.

Some growing pains for Pickett but he looks like he could be a keeper at times as well.

Different game if they catch even 2 of those possible interceptions that went through the DB’s hands. Defence is playing much better than it was a few weeks ago. They’ll be in most games once they get TJ Watt back

atrocious 3rd down conversion rate just before the end of the half. harris is 0 for 4 attempts good god

Very poor overall earlier, not many positives to take from it. Eagles are a good team and I kind of expected a sound beating but it really does highlight how poor this roster is vs the better teams in the NFL.

Chase Claypool traded to the Bears for a 2nd round pick and getting William Jackson III CB from Washington for a low draft pick prob a 7th. Great trade to get rid of Claypool he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane and he can be a muppet on social media too.

• Advertisement

Bears have overpaid big time there, it’s their own second round pick rather than the one they acquired from the Ravens so it’ll likely be in the top 50. Claypool has been much better in recent games and could do very well eventually but based on what we’ve seen from him I’m very happy with the trade.

Tomlin wanted Jackson in the 2016 draft before the Bengals nabbed him just ahead of their pick.

Huge draft coming up in 2023 now with likely three picks inside the top 50

Joey Porter Jr. is considered the top CB prospect this year by a lot of draftniks. You can be sure the Steelers are watching him closely.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Joey-PorterJr-CB-PennState

Yes I don't follow college ball but I have read about him

They need everything really but if they end up with a top 10 pick I think the priority has to be a Left Tackle. It was crazy putting Moore in there as a rookie and he really doesn’t appear to have improved much. Cornerback and Defensive Tackle also big needs after Haden and Tuitt retired.

When you look at their drafts over the past five years they’ve invested a lot of high selections in positions that aren’t as important as some others, safety, linebacker, running back etc, and they bizarrely ignored the OLine completely for years. For all the praise Colbert got on his way out the door he did not leave the roster in the best shape. I think he is kind of getting a pass because his retirement coincided with Bens but the last four drafts really haven’t been great. Let’s hope Khan and his new front office know what they are doing.

Good win for Pittsburgh, so many very, very average teams this year.

Very good win for sure, running the ball well finally. Hopefully they can carry that momentum forward. Redzone offence is putrid however, that was a blowout today if they could get the ball in the endzone.

I enjoyed that game I have to say. Great to see TJ back he transforms the D. I think the pass game opened up the run game on this occasion even if Kenny was shaky at times but I'd forgive him as the line can't protect him long enough at all, he must been sack 6 or 7 times. Throwing on 1st down for medium gains stretched the field for us. Passing heatmap was completely different from the last game. I think they will have to look for another kicker though after the mandatory 4 weeks expires.

Bengals at home next Sunday it should be a belter. We've no chance of making the playoffs but spoiling our division rivals chances is just as good.

Gotta love beating the Ravens.

Great effort to get to 8-8 after such a disastrous start to the season as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm not as concerned about getting a play off spot moreso than 9-8 from where they were and in the context of the schedule would be a remarkable achievement.

• Advertisement

Yes they’d just end up going to arrowhead or orchard park and getting walloped if they make it in to the postseason. Not sure that’ll do them any good.

Winning is a nice habit however and this momentum will hopefully carry in to 2023 with Kenny another year on and some good draft picks added. That second they got from Chicago for Claypool looks like a late first, that trade worked out really well for the steelers I think.

They also have good cap flexibility going in to the offseason, albeit with a lot of issues to fix

Advertisement