Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

James Washington a free agent again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

This is some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in a while but at least it’s equally bad for both teams

That RTP call on Heyward was a joke and effectively gifted the Browns a TD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Dolphins sneak last slot. Disappointing but winning season after the start they had is quite an achievement really.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Amazing finish to the season. I really thought they were going 5-12 or 6-11 earlier on. Defence was really good late in the season once they got all the injured players back.

A lot of work to do on the offence, Matt Canada will be luck to be back

I was resigned to a top 5 pick before the amazing winning streak I'm delighted how things progressed for the offence though they really showed signs of gelling despite the uninspiring play calling. Calvin Austin III the other WR drafted will be like a bonus rookie this year seeing he was on IR all season.

• Advertisement

Pat Freiermuth injury an MCL sprain and not a tear this is great news

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Considering they were on the road to four playoff teams early on without Watt...Cincinatti, Buffalo, Philadelphia and Miami as well as Baltimore.

It's only the Eagles and Bills where they were blasted away.

Given that Matt Canada was not fired yesterday I take it we will be enduring another year of his tepid, predictable offence? I really think they could do better

Flores will be moving on to better things by all accounts, he may get HC interviews but I’d expect he’ll get a DC position somewhere at a minimum

Some nice signings in free agency so far. Oline will be in great shape next season all they need now is a stud at LT.

Yes they seem to have strengthened the interior oline considerably, they may stick with Moore at LT? He got much better as 2022 wore on and getting an experienced LG next to him should help further. Dotson is done as the starter there thank god. If a LT doesn’t fall their way in the early rounds it won’t be the end of the world.

Their entire offence is back for 2023 and I think improvement there will need to be driven more by the OLine getting better and KP taking a step forward in his second year rather than by additions from the draft.

The defence is getting old and they lost a lot of depth there in free agency. I wouldn’t be surprised if most of their early picks are spent on that side of the ball.

• Advertisement

OT it is, they have their pick of some highly regarded DB’s now to start off the second round and another pick soon after at #49

Delighted with the Jones pick, hopefully he is their franchise LT for the next decade

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Been a big week for Irish Steelers Fans they seem to be seriously committed to growing the game and the brand here.

Not sure what it means other than we will see events from time to time and some merchandise will appear in sports shops etc.

I wonder could a game happen at Croke Park at some stage. That would be amazing for fans. I would imagine that they’ll focus on bigger markets for full NFL games but a preseason game might be a possibility

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wouldn’t rule out a regular season game either. Ryanair cheap flights open us up to the U.K. and European fans as well. I can see the Steelers pushing for it.

All Pittsburg Steelers pre season matches will air on GAAGo. Who had that on their bingo card for 2023?

But great they’re building a relationship with GAA for something down the line we hope 👀

Wasn’t expecting that for sure. That’s good, I actually have a subscription.

They will probably play a pre season / exhibition game here at some stage in the coming years which would be great if it happens. Id imagine that the regular season overseas games will stay in the bigger markets of UK, Germany etc

Definitely not a home game or a rivalry since they don't even go to London such is the value of a Steelers visit to other teams I'd say. Jaguars or NFC team maybe.

Good preseason, Dotson traded to the Rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Ran in to a buzz saw today, 49ers much better all over and everything went right for them. While they probably won’t face a better defence this year Kenny Pickett was very poor and missed a lot of open throws. They’ll have better days no doubt but a disappointing start.

Injuries to Cam, DJ and Muth as well

On more positive note I don’t think it’s any coincidence even the watch party is at Croke park. A game is coming. 2026 would be my guess.

• Advertisement

That would be amazing. I think a preseason game is probably more realistic in the first instance but you never know

I have a funny feeling it’s going to be a regular season game. The NFL really want to grab Europe as a cash cow market and Ireland is a great hub for U.K. and Central Europe. It’ll sell out in rapid time.

Watched game highlights from last night looks like the defence bailed the offence out big time. Steelers offence is near unwatchable. Good to get a win but very worrying performance by all accounts.

Sorry to see Chubb go down with what looks like a career changing injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Nice to beat the Ravens...

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

That was an ugly win but we will take it. What a performance from the defence and some signs of life on offence in the second half.

Three run of the mill relaxing wins....

Another bonkers heart attack finish, and somehow this team is 6-3. The passing game is still woeful but they continue to squeak out these wins one way or another.

Two tough games coming up in Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Anyone going to the watch party this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

• Advertisement

I live too far away to go to the watch party I hope it was good

Brutal loss, the offence is just such a mess from the pass protection, play calling and the execution by the players

WTF were they doing on their last drive throwing the ball three times for a three and out instead of running it and making the Browns burn their timeouts. Crazy play calling

Kenny is really struggling and a couple of lucky wins have covered over a lot of the issues. They’ll be looking for a QB again before long you’d have to think

Advertisement