Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reg plate mistake on insurance cert

Options
  • 28-09-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi there,

I hope someone can help, I have a question regarding a mistake on my insurance cert.

I switched insurers this month after being with my previous insurers since 2015, however when my new insurers sent me back an email saying they were looking for a sold car declaration, I was obviously confused and called them, they told me that my NCD letter they noticed it wasn’t the same reg number as what I had given.

Basically I or the previous insurance company made a mistake and put 05-MH-xxxx instead of 05-D-xxxx
    And it’s been like this for the past 2 years driving around with a mistake on it which I’m obviously not happy about.

Old insurer is now saying that there’s nothing they will do if the mistake was mine that they have to go back and listen to the call (from 2015) to see if it’s my mistake, but if it’s their mistake they will sort it out.. it’s quite evident wether it’s theirs or my mistake that it was just that... a mistake!! So why can’t they just sort it out anyway is it because I switched over to a new crowd ?
    All I would need is a letter I’m sure for the new insurance saying that I was on cover but there was a mistake on the form, I just done get it, I’m sure I’m not the first and won’t be the last person to do this (I really hope it’s their mistake)

Any advice or experience of this anyone ?
    I would hate to think after having 10 years of having no claims that this will just be vanished over such a simple error.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Any advice or experience of this anyone ?
    I would hate to think after having 10 years of having no claims that this will just be vanished over such a simple error.

Tks

Can't you make a declaration like that?

'I don't currently use the earned NCB bonus on insurace for the 05-MH-xxxxx vehicle and would like to use that NCB bonus with the vehicle 05-D-xxxxx'.

or better:

'I don't currently own a vehicle 05-MH-xxxxx and would like to use a NCB earned on that vehicle to insure a vehicle I currently OWN 05-D-xxxxx'.

Typically the only rules for NCB is that you cannot use it on more than one car.

Advertisement