Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on getting back my stocks

Options
  • 29-09-2017 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I spent 27.000 on stocks including funitures for a shop.

I didn't sign the lease before I moved in because the landlord told me his solicitor was away. It has been trading for 1 month and I haven't got the lease( I have paid him one month rent in advance).

I found out that the man who supposed to be the landlord isn't a landlord . He rents the shop from someone else and sublets it to me, that's the reason he can't give me the lease but one year contract only, I didn't agree on one year contract as it would take a least a year before I get any profit and I am sure he will raise the rent after one year, I said to him I wanted to be out as he promised me a 4 years 9 months lease. He refused paying me my deposit back and refused to let me getting my stocks out of the shop. I have all the receipts of what I have bought and they are mine and under my company name.

He has been sending abusive messages.

I am thinking of reporting him to the police first and contact a solicitor to get help? Your advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Solicitor, right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You obviously haven't hired a solicitor up to this point but you need to NOW!!!

Pick up the phone and call three solicitors. Don't ask, as your first question, how much will it cost? Ask what they would do to get you out of this mess? Go with the one whose suggestion is the most aggressive.

Learn from this costly experience and NEVER enter a property transaction again without the help of a solicitor.

The police won't do anything......

Advertisement