Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Ryath wrote: »
    They're only €21 more on amazon

€24 for the Ones is very good though. I'm very happy with mine pretty much just use them for music but just checked with a video there on my phone. There's a tiny bit of lag there but honestly it's barely noticeable you'd actually have to be watching out for it. I'm sensitive enough to it and find video hard to watch if it's out of sync.

twin pack of Ones is 40 euro, twin pack of sports is actually €90. (see what pricing something at 89.98 does, you think it's 80 something and not 90!)

think i'll go with the Ones, neither I nor my kriskindle are worth €45 each, given we're both lazy bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Suckit wrote: »

Brilliant thanks a million for that.

One question on this (this could be me not understanding how this all works)...
    but it looks to me from the link that the Outlier Sports themselves don't have AptX low latency (just AptX).
    And the transmitter is just used to allow non-bluetooth devices to become bluetooth enabled and hence pair with the earphones.
    But as the earphones themselves don't have AptX low latency, there would be a lag.
    Am I wrong in saying the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

In the market for some higher end over ears my self. It was the offer on the Bose QC 25's that got me looking but decided I'd prefer to have option of wireless.

Kind of sorry I didn't buy the Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless for €180 the other day on amazon.es I really do like them they look very classy seen another thread here that they were available for €157 direct from sennheiser during them the summer so hoping they may be on offer Friday or Monday. I'd say they are close to being replaced so I'd say stock will be ran down.

Senns HD5.50 look to be a very good option @ £85 on Sennheiser Outlet store at full price I'd pay the bit extra for the momentums. They are £170 on the oulet.

The 4.40s are a steal from the outlet @ £50 on sale a good few places ~€90 no noise canceling but a lot of comments I've read say they sound better than the 4.50s. I quite liked them when I tried them on in store.

One draw back of the Sennheiser's is you can't switch of noise cancelling when listening on bluetooth.

Money no object I'd probably go for the Sony XM2s £199 on Amazon and richer sounds. Bit more than I wanted to spend though I've just seen they are €220 on Currys.ie and with 10% with visa rewards they aren't that far over budget.

Trying to decide if I bite the bullet on them or hold out for a better price on the Momentum wireless. Really like the look of the Momentum's but I know the Sony's have much better noise cancelling, have apXt HD and probably have the edge on sound quality according to most reviews though that is down to personal preference.

If you don't need noise cancelling these look very good on offer from Amazon today. Audio-Technica-ATH-AR5BTBK for £102

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

gaillimh wrote: »
    One question on this (this could be me not understanding how this all works)...
    but it looks to me from the link that the Outlier Sports themselves don't have AptX low latency (just AptX).
    And the transmitter is just used to allow non-bluetooth devices to become bluetooth enabled and hence pair with the earphones.
    But as the earphones themselves don't have AptX low latency, there would be a lag.
    Am I wrong in saying the above?

The Outlier Sports don't have low latency, but the BT-W2:
    Overview
    With Creative BT-W2, you can enable Bluetooth on your existing devices! Creative Bluetooth Audio BT-W2 USB Transceiver is a high-performance, low latency stereo USB audio transceiver with a plug-and-play functionality for PC/Mac, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. Get your audio transmitted over Bluetooth instantaneously without wires and straight into your Bluetooth-enabled device.
    This perfect blend of performance and simplicity is both an enabler and an enhancer. For devices without Bluetooth capabilities, add connectivity with Creative BT-W2. For your devices that are already Bluetooth-enabled, you can expect higher quality audio transmission.

Real-time Audio Sync with aptX® Low Latency

With traditional Bluetooth dongles, you sometimes experience instances where the original audio is not in sync with your headset. Creative BT-W2 adopts the aptX Low Latency codec to eliminate that annoying lag you can get and ensures smooth transmission.

• Advertisement

The Outlier Sports don't have low latency, but the BT-W2:
    Is the BT-W2 not just for adding AptX low latency to your target device (such as a PC etc.) and not for the earphones themselves?

In which case one device (the PC) has LL, whilst the other (the earphones) do not? And both require low latency in order to for the low latency to work?
    Or am I being thick :-)

gaillimh wrote: »
    Is the BT-W2 not just for adding AptX low latency to your target device (such as a PC etc.) and not for the earphones themselves?

In which case one device (the PC) has LL, whilst the other (the earphones) do not? And both require low latency in order to for the low latency to work?
    Or am I being thick :-)

Scroll down on the BT-W2 product page and it explains how it works
    https://en.creative.com/p/accessories/creative-bluetooth-audio-bt-w2-usb-transceiver

My understanding (could be wrong) is that the BT-W2 has the AptX LL codec in it, and it does all the work before the audio gets to the earphones.
    To pair them requires pressing the button on each device until paired.
    But depending on your TV, it might not detect a blutetooth dongle as an audio out.

You may need to check the manual/online of your TV.

Although, it may require installation of a driver or something to work properly, so may be best to get confirmation first that it works/is compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Saw these on Argos.

JBL Endurance Jump In - Ear Wireless Hook Headphones - Black 836/1002

Reduced from €64.99 to €24.99.

From my experience JBL are reliable enough and good value for money across the board. If they’re anything like the cheaper JBL ones the touch controls are a bit on the sensitive side but once you set your podcast/music they’re perfect for running/walking etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Saw these on Argos.

JBL Endurance Jump In - Ear Wireless Hook Headphones - Black 836/1002

Reduced from €64.99 to €24.99.

From my experience JBL are reliable enough and good value for money across the board. If they’re anything like the cheaper JBL ones the touch controls are a bit on the sensitive side but once you set your podcast/music they’re perfect for running/walking etc.

I was looking at these myself, they dont have great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

3 Things I HATE About The Xiaomi Mi Air Dots

1. Voice prompts in Chinese ~~~ No application to interface to change at present
    2. Lack of battery Indicator ~~~ No way to know case needs a recharge/capacity
    3. Touch Panel ~~~ Over or under sensitive.

The Xiaomi Mi Air Dots Have Significant Bluetooth Lag

By the sounds of that there is better alternative 5.0 TWS Buds available, such as the QCY T1C ~~~ €17.16 at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Regular Sennheiser HD 4.50BTNC are just down to £90 on amazon as well as the SE versions.

Trying to decide if I'll bite the bullet on them they are very good value for money. The Sony XM2's are very temping at just under €200 from Currys. Seems a good bit though to double my spend the 4.50s aren't that far behind. With the money I save I could still buy a very good pair of wired studio headphones.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare/sony-wh-1000xm2-vs-sennheiser-hd-4-50/531/476#usage*5003!threshold*0.1

Disappointing Sennheisser didn't have a discount on the Momentum 2 wireless. Their offer today was the same discount they've been offering since the 15th Oct of £199 for them.

Do I dare wait till Monday to see if they have an better offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Reading threw the thread but taught I'd ask anyway!

Based on knowledge and use what do yous reckon be a good buy for someone who lives in the gym and is constantly out and about?

He's prone to losing things so don't want anything massively expensive!

Audio quality doesn't need to be top top level but obviously still decent!

Based on knowledge and use what do yous reckon be a good buy for someone who lives in the gym and is constantly out and about?

As he's prone to losing them, I'd probably go with a hard neckband wireless buds.
    Something like these -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZS-BE14-Flexible-Bluetooth-Headphones-Wireless-BLACK/dp/B075GH19TZ/
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072M48L1T/
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Universal-Vibration-Headphones-Cellphones-Black/dp/B01GNTIZ9E/

Or maybe these with the magnetic connectors
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Bluetooth-Bluetooth4-1-Cancelling-Earphones-Black/dp/B07FHL8BXN/

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Wrt the outliners, just received mine. Early days yet but to note they don't have magnetic to keep on the neck. They have a clip to attach to clothing.. Not sure which I'd prefer... W

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Ive never had wireless ones before so there mostly new to me!

Do you get much lag or cutting of signal?

I’m hearing good things about the i10 on YouTube they sound the same as AirPods

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Ive never had wireless ones before so there mostly new to me!

Do you get much lag or cutting of signal?

Not sure how you would notice lag unless using them to watch TV/video etc.
    Re: TV read back a page.

No cutting out, until battery is dying/dead.

What’s the different between the tws i9 & tws i10 I’m hearing great things about the i10 saying there a great clown with fab sound

• Advertisement

What’s the different between the tws i9 & tws i10 I’m hearing great things about the i10 saying there a great clown with fab sound

i10 is 1:1 clone of airpods, (same exact size).
    i9s is slightly bigger than above, plus reported only about 1 hour playback time.

I think, i posted a video where they where compared?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108673138&postcount=261

corkie wrote: »
    i10 is 1:1 clone of airpods, (same exact size).
    i9s is slightly bigger than above, plus reported only about 1 hour playback time.

I think, i posted a video where they where compared?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108673138&postcount=261

They are only €35 on DH Gate when I’m paid Tuesday I’m gonna buy two pairs one for myself and another ad a surprise for my partner for Christmas I’ll pay the €20 to get it delivered faster by DHL

They are only €35 on DH Gate when I’m paid Tuesday I’m gonna buy two pairs one for myself and another ad a surprise for my partner for Christmas I’ll pay the €20 to get it delivered faster by DHL

Might get them for Christmas with DHL, but probably get caught for VAT on the two items + shipping.

corkie wrote: »
    Might get them for Christmas with DHL, but probably get caught for VAT on the two items + shipping.

Free shipping it says it could take a month to arrive I don’t wanna take the risk not it have them Christmas Day

As for VAT I’ll cross my fingers and it’s a tiny package hopefully will pass through and if I’m caught I wonder how much it would be and my answer will probably be f*ck it it’s christmas lol

The i10’s are an exact clone so I can’t wait to get them YouTube reviews are praising them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Great info info in this thread. Gonna pickup a couple of the creative outlier one plus with built in MP3 player. €53 for 2 of them on creative site. Also want to gift a pair of i10s. Anyone have a link to reputable seller of i10s?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Sorry to be a pain but that link only seems to revert to the DHgate website homepage! Did a search myself and lots of headphones have a 10 minimum pieces order!

pedatron wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain but that link only seems to revert to the DHgate website homepage! Did a search myself and lots of headphones have a 10 minimum pieces order!

that hope this link works

https://m.dhgate.com/product/i10-tws-wireless-bt-earbuds-earphone-noise/430386899.html#s1-1-1;searl|3134293041

Dammit why won’t it work the seller name is ilovesusimida

Sorry I can’t help more

that hope this link works

https://m.dhgate.com/product/i10-tws-wireless-bt-earbuds-earphone-noise/430386899.html#s1-1-1;searl|3134293041

Dammit why won’t it work the seller name is ilovesusimida

Sorry I can’t help more

Gentleman! Thanks!

pedatron wrote: »
    Gentleman! Thanks!

Did you find the i10’s

• Advertisement

Did you find the i10’s

I did. If you type in 'i10 tws' and search for that seller name that was mentioned I got those ones! Hoping all goes to plan!

Advertisement