Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a text from Arvato -

Options
  • 29-09-2017 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I have just received a text message from Arvato asking me to ring them - I have googled Arvato and it looks like they may be a debt collection agency used by many companies including EIR.

If EIR have engaged Arvato in relation to my account, can you please explain why - given that I am still in a process of querying my final bill?

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Hi,

I have just received a text message from Arvato asking me to ring them - I have googled Arvato and it looks like they may be a debt collection agency used by many companies including EIR.

If EIR have engaged Arvato in relation to my account, can you please explain why  - given that I am still in a process of querying my final bill?

Regards.
    Just having the same issue by text and email - I haven't even been able to get a copy of my final bill since July, can't make contact with anyone in Credit Control and and the various forms of customer contract give trite response and assurance to close the ticket, but don't actually address the issue.  Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spiritof1963

Thanks shuttle666, it's not just me then...

I canceled my account back in August for more reasons than I could possibly list here. This of course meant that I could not access 'myeir' where my final bill was located. I have requested my final bill on numerous occasions (via chat and email) and received it eventually via email. However there seemed to be an extra charge on it. To cut a long story short, while quering this, it looks like EIR have decided to outsource my 'debt' to a third party. Absolutely gob-smacked!

I canceled my account back in August for more reasons than I could possibly list here. This of course meant that I could not access 'myeir' where my final bill was located. I have requested my final bill on numerous occasions (via chat and email) and received it eventually via email. However there seemed to be an extra charge on it. To cut a long story short, while quering this, it looks like EIR have decided to outsource my 'debt' to a third party. Absolutely gob-smacked!
    spirirtof1963 

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057780844

Not sure if the link works, but I started out trying to switch in March, having been lied to by the loyalty team etc gave up on that and cancelled 14 June.  Equipment gone back, and I'm the one chasing them to give me the final bill ..........something wrong somewhere with their systems ......... my expectations are low at this stage, and they can still gob-smack you with their abject lack of co-ordinated or effective service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi htere spiritof1963

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you can send me your full name & account number on this account via PM, I can have a look at this for you and see what notes are on your account.

If you call Customer Care, they will be able to assist you there too.  If by any chance that there was an error sending this to a 3rd party, they will be able to address and assist with this immediately while on call.

-Kyle

PM sent.

• Advertisement

PM sent.
    Thank you

Will have a look at this now for you

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Thank you

-Kyle

Kyle,
    why has my bill increased twice since my ‘final bill’... please explain....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thank you

-Kyle

Kyle,
    Hi spiritof1963, 

I've checked this for you and there was a TV box equipment charge applied to the account since the last bill was issued, I have waived this for you and there is currently no balance outstanding on the account now. 

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thank you

-Kyle

Kyle,
    Hi spiritof1963, 

I've checked this for you and there was a TV box equipment charge applied to the account since the last bill was issued, I have waived this for you and there is currently no balance outstanding on the account now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Great stuff, thanks Tracey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thank you

-Kyle

Kyle,
    Hi spiritof1963, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Great stuff, thanks Tracey.
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cd1234

Hi, I am having the same problem as the people above. Can someone please contact me?

cd1234 wrote: »
    Hi, I am having the same problem as the people above. Can someone please contact me?
    cd1234 - whenever you get a response here, they are likely to say they can't organise a call back or give you a email other than the pointless Canwehelp option or suggest you call the ineffective Customer Care line, that can't resolve or escalate anything, and can't transfer to anyone who might be able to.  Even Arvato were in despair of eir as they didn't even have the basics on address and once I started showing that I wanted the final amount sorted and had been requesting it for months, they gave up.

Doing as much as you can in writing, register the return of any equipment and expect to be involving ComReg by the end of the saga.  In a week when eir were in court found guilty of overcharing and their defence assured the judge that that the overcharging was accidental (just like not getting your cancellation or mislaying your equipment) and the numbers of complaints is down significantly, it is mind boggling that the board and regulators can stand over all these issues.

Sorry not to be more positive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

cd1234 wrote: »
    Hi cd1234,

If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I'll take a look into this for you.

- Adam

Lads,

You have to be having a laugh...

I have just received a letter from Arvato requesting that I pay an outstanding bill of €70!!!

Not only have I:-
    • Paid my 'final' bill in full (including erroneous charges)
    • Paid my early exit fee (€250).
    • Paid near €100 extra each month for excessive use of 'unlimited' broadband.
    [*]

But now I still owe €70?

You have asked me to contact customer care to confirm that I have paid my final bill, but the automated voice asks me for an EIR landline number before I can get through.

I have not, nor am I ever likely to have an EIR landline number.

Please sort this out immediately.

Lads,

You have to be having a laugh...

I have just received a letter from Arvato requesting that I pay an outstanding bill of €70!!!

Not only have I:-
    • Paid my 'final' bill in full (including erroneous charges)
    • Paid my early exit fee (€250).
    • Paid near €100 extra each month for excessive use of 'unlimited' broadband.

[*]

But now I still owe €70?

You have asked me to contact customer care to confirm that I have paid my final bill, but the automated voice asks me for an EIR landline number before I can get through.

I have not, nor am I ever likely to have an EIR landline number.

Please sort this out immediately.
    [*]
    Hi there spiritof1963

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

If you call If you call 1800690000 and then select option 4 and then 2, you will be directed to an agent.  Make sure that you have your account number ready and they will assist you with everything.  If the bill was paid and no money owed, they will recall this balance with Arvato directly

-Kyle

Advertisement