Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

L.O.L Surprise Dolls

• 29-09-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a shop that has the large ones? the €75 50 layer L.O.L Surprise Dolls? Smyths are completely sold out in Ireland and the UK :ermm:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Did you manage to find this anywhere? Looking for the same but it doesn't appear to be available anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is this a sex thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Birneybau wrote: »
    Is this a sex thing?

I hope so, or it would be really embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is this a sex thing?

It laughs out loud at you as you begin crying when you realise what you just came into.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andy1981

Amazon, 120 dollars all in after shipping cost. Came from US.. Not cheap but as OP said, it cannot be got locally.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Two of my kids want these for Christmas.

I'm reluctant after reading this article.
    An Irish mother-of-three has singled out one of this year’s most popular toys as a “waste of money”.

Adrienne Hall’s daughter received a LOL Surprise Doll Assorted Series 2 as a gift from her grandmother, which she had bought for €11.99.

The toy comes in the form of a ball, with seven surprises to be found inside.

“My mother gave it to my daughter who was five, and we just thought, for €12, it was the biggest load of tat we’d ever seen.”

“My daughter got a tiny doll, a bottle, something that looked like a hair band - which was so tiny that you’d nearly throw in the bin, a shell that comes apart, and a few stickers.”

“It’s like a kinder egg for all intents and purposes. I just feel it’s very, very tacky. My five-year-old never bothered with it much.”

The larger version – on many Irish childrens’ Santa wish lists this year – costs €72.99. It features 50 surprises, including a collectable doll, clothes and accessories.

Adrienne, from Dublin, said she has discouraged her daughter from asking for it for Christmas.

“The bigger version, on the basis of the other one, is obviously bigger and better but it’s still just a load of tat.”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/life/christmas/its-the-biggest-load-of-tat-irish-mumofthree-blasts-bestselling-christmas-toy-as-a-waste-of-money-36301557.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This year's hyped-up toy that all the brats are screaming for, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My daughter is after one too. Looks to be a lot of money for very little. I've almost managed to convince her to pick something else, as "Santy" might not be able to make enough of these to give every little girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Is this a sex thing?

I actually clicked on the link thinking it was orange lodge related.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    My daughter is after one too. Looks to be a lot of money for very little. I've almost managed to convince her to pick something else, as "Santy" might not be able to make enough of these to give every little girl.

Santy should consider getting them shipped in from China via an online auction site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Picked one up in early October, we had to preorder it in smyths but it's tucked away safely in the attic now. It's the only thing my daughter has asked for so we couldn't really not get it, she is obsessed with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've told my kids they won't be getting them, I know Santa is magic and all but they know we have to pay Santa for the toys so I've told them I won't be spending 70 odd euro on crap like that that if they wanted a few of the large LOL dolls they can have them and there'd prob be more in 3 of the large LOL's than what's in this piece of crap going by reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Deadwards.com

My wife was in Tesco Stillorgan (Hardware store, beside their off license) last Wednesday and they put 3 out on the shelves. Woman working there said they'd be gone in minutes. Worth checking out if nearby on a Wednesday as a little off the beaten track when it comes to toys for most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

January wrote: »
    I've told my kids they won't be getting them, I know Santa is magic and all but they know we have to pay Santa for the toys so I've told them I won't be spending 70 odd euro on crap like that that if they wanted a few of the large LOL dolls they can have them and there'd prob be more in 3 of the large LOL's than what's in this piece of crap going by reviews.

Dead right. I know Santa is supposed to be magical and give them whatever they want, but there's no way I'm going to be fleeced for the sake of it.

Anyone who buys them is an idiot.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Dead right. I know Santa is supposed to be magical and give them whatever they want, but there's no way I'm going to be fleeced for the sake of it.

Thanks

This image is big so I apologise in advance, but this is what your 70 euro will get you. Biggest rip off ever.
    nintchdbpict000365425210.jpg?strip=all&w=524

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

At the LOL Surprise Doll store on LOL Surprise Doll lane.

This image is big so I apologise in advance, but this is what your 70 euro will get you. Biggest rip off ever.

My daughter loves the surprise of opening the balls, if it makes her happy Christmas morning (which it will) what's the problem?

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Worse, at least with a Hatchimal you get something that works at the end of it for your money.

But in terms of popularity, yes these are the Hatchimals of 2017, can't be sourced, when they are sourced they fly off the shelves.

JoJo dolls are another one this year, I have given in to this though and managed to source 3 for my girls.

My daughter loves the surprise of opening the balls, if it makes her happy Christmas morning (which it will) what's the problem?

No problem, it's your money, spend as you wish. I just think it's better if you were to buy 3 large and 2 small ones, you'd get more than you're getting in that giant one, for a cheaper price.

• Advertisement

No problem, it's your money, spend as you wish. I just think it's better if you were to buy 3 large and 2 small ones, you'd get more than you're getting in that giant one, for a cheaper price.

We've a heap of the large and small ones bought aswell. Give me these over a hatchimal anyday, I've 2 of them in the house that id love to throw in the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I got one for €60 in France. My in laws live there so I ordered it from an online store and it was delivered to their local supermarket 2 days later. eBay.fr were looking for €90 upwards! So if any of you know someone in France - go to CDiscount.fr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gabbo is coming!

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Mine missed the Hatchimals craze last year and two are asking for them this year. They've already a heap of crap in the house they don't play with but I hate being a killjoy at Christmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Spoiler alert: you can achieve the same effect by wrapping literally anything up, if "surprise opening" is the key. Go to the pound shop and get some tat for a fiver, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Surprise dolls;immediately thought of this scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Seems like a waste of 70 quid. There isn't much bang for your buck there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Are they not just not kinder eggs without the chocolate or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Are they not just not kinder eggs without the chocolate or am I missing something?

Exactly my thoughts.

The kids don't get to watch much TV but when it's on, it's Netflix for them. A ridiculous amount of ads on Kids TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Any parent who caves in and shells out 70 quid for this would want their head examined.

A triumph of marketing and hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Not sure if they are worth 70euro but hope you find one op if that's what your child wants for Christmas.

A bit pricier but this is apparently the "new Hatchimal." It's a bit like Chucky :/:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Spoiler alert: you can achieve the same effect by wrapping literally anything up, if "surprise opening" is the key. Go to the pound shop and get some tat for a fiver, problem solved.

Isn't that exactly what Christmas stockings are for? At least it was with our children. MrsC would spend months buying cheap (and not so cheap) tat specifically to go in the stockings, and the children would take hours, sometimes days, to get to the bottom of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

This looks mad. I can semi-understand the hatchimals craze (I sourced 3 of em myself for family and friends) as it did *something*. It was overpriced but most toys are. However I can't get my head around this one, the pic above looks like a tenners worth of crap from a 2 euro shop! :confused:

• Advertisement

She can name every doll that could possibly be in the balls so no, it's not the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Complete waste of money. You dont know what you are getting which often means duplicate dolls.
    Toy companies laughing at you, all the way to the bank.
    They give short term gratification to children, similar to an addiction.
    Kids that like these types of toys also like lottery tickets and crack cocaine.
    Great life lessons to be had I am sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

My kids must go round with buckets on their heads. We're lucky enough to have missed all these crazes. I never know why parents fall for it. 'If it makes my kid happy ' blah blah blah. Your kid will be happy no matter what is under the tree. In a few months time, those things will be 10 a penny. Giving in to a fad at this time of year is mental and just causes you more stress than you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

An intravenous shot of a mild opiate would also make her happy, if you are adamant that such is the be-all-and-end-all in the discussion.

topper75 wrote: »
    An intravenous shot of a mild opiate would also make her happy, if you are adamant that such is the be-all-and-end-all in the discussion.

Or its our money which we are free to spend however we like.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Jayisplay

PandaPoo wrote: »

****ing asshole, kids are not kids forever, let them enjoy the things there into, just cos ur a stingey **** doesn't mean everyone is, don't judge people for getting what makes there kids happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a LOL bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Anyone know where I can get one of these things in Dublin. I'm just looking for the normal ones at are about €13. Not big fancy ones. Everywhere I've tried is sold out.
    Thanks

Anyone know where I can get one of these things in Dublin. I'm just looking for the normal ones at are about €13. Not big fancy ones. Everywhere I've tried is sold out.
    Thanks

Smyths get regular deliveries of them in limerick so I assume Dublin would be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Thanks

Lots of Tesco stores regularly have LOL dolls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I thought this was going to be about the LOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is this a sex thing?

Goes to like post.

Realised already liked post.

Sees date.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 diaduit73

I think lol dolls are a waste of money but my nieces are obsessed with them.

The only places I know that sell them are Tesco, Smyths and Argos but they always sell out fast. You can search on the Smyths and Argos websites to see what stores have all dolls (big sisters, lil sisters, the big ones etc.) in stock. I had to pre-order two €13 dolls on Smyths website two weeks and am waiting on a text this week or next (they'll be back in stock 23rd feb - 2nd march). Either the stores here don't order enough or the factory isn't making them fast enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Jayisplay wrote: »
    ****ing asshole, kids are not kids forever, let them enjoy the things there into, just cos ur a stingey **** doesn't mean everyone is, don't judge people for getting what makes there kids happy.

:D not stingy at all, just not a complete gobsh*te spending €70 On tiny bits of plastic. Toy companies make these things for people like you.

If my child had wanted them I would have spent half the money and made a hamper of some sort with MORE lol dolls than what was in this joke of a toy. Happier child, happier parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I thought this was going to be about the Orange Order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement