Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Rental Market in Waterford City

Options
  • 29-09-2017 11:09am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭

Wondering about rental market in Waterford as an alternative to Dublin.

There seems to be plenty of 2 bed properties available in good areas around €650 a month, is that the going rate? And is there plenty of choice?

Or is it like Dublin frenzy that good properties get snapped up immediately?!

Comments

Can you provide me with a link to properties in good areas for 650/month?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I have a rental property in Waterford that I will be advertising soon. My last tenants were there pre the crash so I have no recent experience but I expect it to go pretty quickly.

As the other poster said, it is hard to get a nice property in a nice area. If you check daft right now there are less houses to rent that there would have been pre crash. Waterford is a good city, there are always folk looking for a nice place to live. There is also a good student population if that's your target market.

I have also been looking at the house sales market and there isn't much good supply. It's not as crazy as Cork or Dublin but it never will be.

Edit - OP, you would be hard pushed to find a good two bed for 650

Advertisement