Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMRC 5k & 10k (Limerick City)

Options
  • 29-09-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭

This is a fast course and well organised event. Good for a PB if anyone is interested. It's on Sunday 8th October at 1pm.

10k is €20
    5k is €15
    Juniors (u-13) are €10
    5k family price is €10 per person

http://www.smrc.ie/urbanrun/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Did it last year, great course & a well organised event. Nice spread of food after as well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Did this in 2015,as a build up race to Dublin marathon,it's fast and flat as advertised.Anyone that's in p.b shape,should target this.I got a 30 second p.b, despite running a 20 mile long slow run the day before.You won't be dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'm doing the Galway Bay half marathon the day before, so it's unlikely that I'll run it. I don't want to get injured. But last year I took a chunk off my 10k PB too. A lot of that is down to genuine improving, but the course certainly helps.

I have taken the plunge & just signed up for the 10k. It is my current 10k PB (47:44 last year), think I should be able to beat that but I have no idea of where I am & have not run a fast well paced time since this one last year.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Hope everyone got on OK today. I do like this event (I'm a biased local though). Not too crowded and a nice spread afterwards.

My last half decent 10k time was this run last year. Ran the 10k today, started off well but I've been under the weather for the last few weeks and didn't expect to keep up a decent place. I was right :(
    I thought about stopping at 5 but just dropped my pace to a regular weekend run and muddled through.

• Advertisement

Great event today & well stewarded as usual. Was fairly warm for the last few KM, which is nice for this time of year. Hopefully will be back again next year. Serious winning time for the 10km as well.

Advertisement