Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less pay unregistered sub?

Options
  • 29-09-2017 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I'm a recently qualified primary teacher and subbing at the moment. I have been vetted bu am unregistered (have sent away). Do I not get paid until I have registered? (Then when I have get paid all at once?) And do I get less now for subbing a day as I am unregistered? (A principal said I will get paid less). Also last semester in college lots of students were doing subbing, so they were unregistered and got less for a days subbing than a registered? How much less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

https://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0015_2015.pdf

According to this Circular for Primary -Non-qualified hourly rate is €20.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

I know you said you are qualified but I presume until you're registered you're considered unqualified as far as Payroll is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

You will be paid the unqualified rate and there's also a five-day rule for employing unregistered people where you can only work five days in a row in a school then you must have a one day break before you can be paid again. There's no back pay for pay lost due to being unregistered.

Advertisement