Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Beasts - last show

Options
  • 29-09-2017 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

sorry to see the news they are splitting up
    great band in my opinion,

they are doing three final shows and one is Dublin
    got a ticket this morning, bittersweet :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Yep, gutted at the news. One of the finest bands of recent times.

Delighted Dublin is one of the final 3 shows - should be fantastic albeit bittersweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any word on a support act for this? Am travelling from Cork and trying to figure out how much time I will have to grab dinner beforehand!

Doors are at 7 according to the Olympia site so I would presume that there is someone else on first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Bump, on this coming Thursday. Saw it advertised so assume there's still tickets available

This is a great watch if you're looking for something to warm you up

To the poster above, since it's their last show they mightnt bother with a warm up. I really do hope it sells out though.

EDIT Only upper circle available on TM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

There will be no support act. They have stated that they will play an extended set covering all their albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone know what time they'll be on stage for? Got a late Valentine's dinner before :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

hots wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they'll be on stage for? Got a late Valentine's dinner before :/

Typically in Olympia it's 9pm. That is presuming they have support etc, no idea if they are doing extra long shows for final tour that would merit them coming on earlier. I doubt it. You can check official Olympia site for official times.

Typically in Olympia it's 9pm. That is presuming they have support etc, no idea if they are doing extra long shows for final tour that would merit them coming on earlier. I doubt it. You can check official Olympia site for official times.

I was banking on it being close to that anyway, don't want to miss them opening because I'm stuffing my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Can't wait for this one, bittersweet as it is.

Hopefully it will be a bumper setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Confirmed that they're due on stage at 8:30pm

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/wild-beasts/

What's the story with the pit? Just be there for doors opening, get the wristband and come back later?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

What's the story with the pit? Just be there for doors opening, get the wristband and come back later?
    Leaving and coming back later always worked for me, up until LCD last September. I think it was because so many people showed up late into the pit the night before (the Wednesday).
    They decided to stop people from leaving and coming back on the Thursday.
    No idea if they are enforcing that since

• Advertisement

Is there a pit in the Olympia for gigs?

Is there a pit in the Olympia for gigs?

There is but you need a wristband.

There is but you need a wristband.

Does it stretch far back? I'm not that fussed about getting super close but I wouldn't want to be stuck a mile away either...

Does it stretch far back? I'm not that fussed about getting super close but I wouldn't want to be stuck a mile away either...

It's not a big pit, so if you were early enough to get in then you'll have a great view, even if you hang back against the railing.

Well that was ****ing brilliant 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

An incredible band and an incredible send off. I’m considering going over for the London show. My favorite gig ever, not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Was a great one alright, good start to their send off, can only imagine what London will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

4th time seeing them.

Great gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Incredible. Difficult to put in words what went on last night. A band that constantly excited and intrigued during their time. They will be sadly missed.

Advertisement